Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An opportunity has opened at Airbus for the position of Industrial Architect. The successful candidate will join the Wing Architects & Transport team at Broughton.
The role of the Architect is to be the counterpart of engineering architects for all product changes or development. The key task is to design an industrial system in a harmonised approach for all make industrialisations and advise on buy, thus achieving challenging industrial targets.
You will interact with the engineering architects counterpart for a good balance between the aircraft and the industrial system performance. Working autonomously on projects identified, the role is aimed at an engineer with sound Manufacturing and Tooling Engineering knowledge to lead transnational harmonisation of multi project / site industrial process, and knowledge of the processes required to deliver mature Industrial operations. Each topic must be managed through the various stakeholders to ensure that the process is delivered on time, on cost and quality to the programme.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Design and deliver Industrial system architecture
· Deliver specification for the development of the industrial system
· Influence the product architecture
· Define and coordinate the industrial requirements
· Leading all manufacturing and supply chain activities prior to MG3
· Built a consistent development planning
· Pull R&T and R&D topic and planning towards industrial needs
· Drive the best industrial solution's
· Influence make or buy decision
· Influence supplier selection
· Develop the industrial architect network
· Drive the ME plants by providing architect knowledge and lesson learnt
· Drive the Non Specific work stream activities and development
· Manage the deployment of the industrial DMU
· Provides input into the Technical Assumptions and Deliverables for Supplier contracts
· Leads the development of non specific processes in conjunction with R&T, ESW and Design Engineering
· Leads the ME work stream transversal activities for non specific processes
· Create and manage a forum for challenging Design Engineering strategy and direction which affects non specific processes
· Provides work stream technical advice to the Head Dx
· Co-ordinate the introduction of new technology applications and new ways of working
· Carry out specific investigations into ME ways of working across the Airbus Manufacturing and assembly functions
· Assure and enable all documentation is in place transnationally for all harmonised or specific process's deployed
· Clear business benefit have been identified for all harmonisation activities.
· Plan for all activities maintained and managed for all activities.
This role will involve travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Educated to Degree level qualification in Engineering / Industrial Engineering, or equivalent experience.
· Previous experience in a Manufacturing / Engineering environment.
· Industrial experience.
· Experience of Project Management.
· English language at negotiation level, other languages would be an asset.
Competitive compensation and benefits package
Closing date for applications Friday 24th August 2018
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).