Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
This position can be located in either Stevenage OR Portsmouth.
Are you passionate about Data flow? Love collecting Data from different sources and getting it to the right place? Passionate about IT / Data Architecture? Interested in cross-training or enhancing your Tibco, Talend, MuleSoft experience? Looking for a role that is data focused and will provide training?
Then this is the role for you!
As a Data in transit professional Expert you will take responsibility for the transport and transformation of data from multiple data sources including Business Systems, Engineering Systems, Machines, Drones, Planes, Satellites, etc..
You will work alongside a multi-disciplinary team using Agile and classical project management methodologies. Dependent on the projects you will have an end-to-end accountability for the development and the service.
You will make the data fly inside Airbus Defence & Space and also from and to outside partners, customers or governments. This will put you in the middle of the new strategy of Airbus Defence and Space to develop more data driven services!
Being located in the UK you will be the local representative of the whole data transport / data in transit team which means this role requires occasional business travel through Europe and UK.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.
· Design, develop and document Data transportation / Data in Transit processes based on ETL, API Management and ESB technology
· Run the different data integration services with special focus on scheduling, maintenance, reliability, monitoring and proactive improvement with a special focus on international topics.
· Manage and guide the suppliers in fulfilling their duties in the area of data transportation
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Well rounded IT background with experience in different networks, applications and security
· Experience in a major Data transportation / Data in Transit tool such as Informatica, Tibco, Talend ETL or MuleSoft API Management solutions
· Experience in data architecture, modelling and processing in batch and real time mode for structured and unstructured data
· An interest in learning major Data Transportation tools such as Tibco
· An interest in learning about Data lakes and IoT (Internet of Things)
· Good understanding of system architecture in big companies / enterprise companies
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).