Description de l'offre
Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Looking to assist us in our Cloud adventure and transformation? Always had your head in the clouds and want to learn more and more technologies? Looking for an ever changing, high profile company who are passionate about cloud and not just because it's a “buzz word”? Then this is the role for you!
As a Cloud Engineer, we will support and train you in different cloud technologies. You will be the focal point for all new Cloud requirements and actions - which means you have the power to make a difference and possibly to harness clouds! As a Cloud Engineer, you will join a Transnational and international team of 5 who are part of the overall IM Department.
Information Management (IM) delivers the expertise, technology and equipment for Airbus Space and Aerospace products – We make it fly!
IM is transforming and evolving but, we need even more talented people who can make a real difference to how we support, enable and deliver a diverse range of technological solutions and services to our customers.
As part of our transformation the new operating model is oriented around multi-functional, agile teams working with the business and developing our digital capabilities. What does this mean for you? A role in IM is an opportunity for you to grow and to develop your career in a progressive and innovative environment.
Our people the teams they work in and the values embedded in IM, are driving this change and you could be part of that too.
There will be occasional travel with this role throughout the UK and Europe.
The successful candidate will need to gain UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Be responsible for Airbus DS Cloud Platforms' success and smooth adoption across the businesses,
· Mentor and train Airbus internal and external customers with designing and supporting the implementation of applications for the Airbus Cloud Platforms,
· Being actively involved in scoping, timeline and financial planning, on cost and quality,
· Supporting proof of concepts, prototypes as well as IM projects thus contributing to develop activities from Innovation until industrialization.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Obsessed with delivering the best customer service,
· Power of evangelisation through great listening, writing, and verbal communication skills,
· Passion for emerging technologies and excited at the prospect of building upon your existing technical knowledge and learning new skills,
· Strong experience with Enterprise Cloud platform deployments
· Strong understanding of networking and systems architecture,
· Unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices,
· Great test-driven coding abilities in at least one object-oriented programming language,
As we are growing our Cloud team, we are mainly looking for people who are Cloud passionate, wanting to make a difference and to bring fresh, value added, ideas to the table.
As such we're not precious about the technology, as we can train you on the ones you're missing. However… We're currently looking for someone who has experience of TWO of the following and the interest in learning about the rest!
· AWS (Amazon Web Services)
We also work with the following technologies, that you can dive into: CloudFormation, Terraform, bosh, libcloud, Spinnaker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, Docker Swarn, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift, Jenkin, Bamboo, Packer, Artifactory, Nexus, Jira Xray, Postman, Cucumber, Selenium, Apache, Nginx, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss, Varnish, Memcached, Redis, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j, MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server.