Description de l'offre
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 1st July 2019
Duration: 12 Months
The Change and Performance Team is responsible for the implementation of Change and Improvement activities across Series Wing Engineering (ESW) and the delivery of Operational Performance support to the Engineering Teams.
The purpose of this role will be to support the Performance team with regards to Operational Performance activities, which include co-ordinating / overseeing workload planning, the booking of hours, risk and opportunities management, skills profiling, data collection and reporting. The role provides the opportunity to work closely with the Engineering teams within a programme area, in order to gain hands on experience of these activities.
In addition to this, there is the opportunity to become involved in and to gain experience of Lean and continuous improvement activities within the business and also to learn about the wider Business Management Function.
Tasks & accountabilities
Provide support to the Performance Team with regards to the provision of Operational Performance
· Establishment of workload profiles and skills requirements, in accordance with the department’s budget
· Investigation of hours and DC bookings to ensure they are correct and arrange corrections of ‘misbookings’
· Produce regular, accurate reports and presentations, including graphs and charts, to show monthly spend, budget & outlook, within the required timeframe
· Support the team in collating data for feasibility studies.
· Support the Risk and Opportunities review and action identification
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
The ideal applicant must be undergraduate for the full duration of the placement and will be currently studying for a Business Management or Business Studies related degree and demonstrate the following experience/knowledge/skills:
· Some knowledge of Finance and budget management
· Able to demonstrate the use of Project Management tools and techniques
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
· Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is an advantage
Applicants must also be able to exhibit the following behaviours:-
· Be customer focused, by engaging and integrating well with your programme area to understand current issues and deliver results with a sense of urgency
· Comfortable working at all levels of the organisation and remain professional at all times
· Energetic, Assertive and able to think on your feet and adapt your behaviour appropriately to resolve conflict successfully
· Excellent communicator (both written and oral) and listener with strong influencing skills
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to expedite tasks in a firm and diplomatic manner
· Ability to challenge the norm whilst convincingly inspiring and motivating end-users
· Ability to exercise appropriate discretion/ manage commercially sensitive data