Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a CAD Process engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth.
The successful candidate will be working with the CAD Process team on the Odyssey improvement Project. This project is designed to deliver significant financial and schedule savings to the business by reducing waste and using digitalisation as a key tool in improving end to end processes through the business.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
– Specifying, building and documenting the tools and process changes required for making the deployment of the new toolset (including 3DExperience / Catia V6) a success.
· integrating and automation of existing tools and processes specifically in the 3DExperience toolset.
· Interacting with the stakeholders within and outside of the Mechanical Design Office will be mandatory. The role will involve working locally and transnationally with wit entities across the business.
· Supporting the Systems Engineering process, culture, competency and discipline, on day-to-day business activities, enabled by adequate Methods & Tools (M&T) products and services. This support spans all aspects of the system lifecycle.
· Identifying the stakeholder for the M&T to be developed and capture their needs and expectations
· Identifying boundary of the M&T to be developed
· Eliciting and validating requirements whilst considering the complete system lifecycle
· Designing and defining possible
architectures, in collaboration with IS/IT specialists, considering the functions and other requirements (constraints)
· Leading M&T modelling using appropriate modelling methods and tools
· Lead analysis (e.g. performance)
· Performing trade-off analysis in order to select the best solution fulfilling the requirements
· Validating architecture
· Defining and manage interface requirements
· Leading verification of the implementation and its interfaces
· Leading operational and in-service evaluation
· Lead impacting analysis of any design change request during the entire M&T product lifecycle.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
· Good knowledge of Interface System
· Catia v5
· 3DEXperience 2015x and higher
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you