Description de l'offre
Business Internship - Landing Gear
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 1st July 2019
Duration: 12 Months
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Business Operations area within The Landing Gear Centre of Competence (CoC). The CoC is one of the six Engineering Centres of Competence including Cabin and Cargo, Airframe, Systems, Flight Physics and Powerplant.
· We provide operational leadership over all ATA32 Landing Gear matters, including in front of our internal customers and vendors.
· We aim to provide Airbus with excellence in Landing Gear definition, integration, engineering solutions, industrial and in-service support.
· The CoC is responsible for the integration of the Landing Gear into the aircraft across all ATA32 deliverables and for the application of related programme management and development processes to ensure delivery to Time, Cost, Quality and Performance (TQCP).
The Business Operations area is involved in a variety of non-Engineering disciplines, including:
· Resource Management
· Subcontract Management
· Performance Management
· Schedule Management
· Risks and Opportunities
· Change Management
· Processes, Methods and Tools
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
We are able to offer a variety of experiences exposing you to a wide range of tasks, objectives and deliverables aiming to allow you to contribute to the generation of the optimum solutions for the landing gear product.
The philosophy of the CoC is to provide a challenging, exciting and rewarding working experience for all of our people. We embrace diversity and believe in building empowered teams of complimentary personalities and skills. Key to achieving this are respectful team members with good organisational and communication skills, an ability to listen, learn and take the lead in the correct situation.
You will be given the opportunity during your placement to get involved in a range of the Business Operations area's tasking. You will have the chance to own and lead projects where possible as well as working autonomously at times throughout duration of your internship.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the internship.
The following degrees are highly relevant to Landing Gear CoC Engineering:
· Business / Business Management
· Operations Management
· Digital technology
· Data Science and Analytics
Strength in the following skills and behaviours will help both the successful candidate and Airbus to gain the most from this placement:
· Project Management
· Communication and networking
· Analytical thinking and problem solving.
· Teamwork and leadership
· Pro-active with a strong drive for personal development
· A keen interest in emerging technologies