Description de l'offre
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: September 2019
Closing date for applications: 3rd March 2019
Launch an exciting career by joining our Airbus Apprenticeship programme! Our Apprentices receive second to none training, gaining the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to make an immediate contribution when you enter the workforce.
Our Business Apprentices will join the Airbus Plant Industrialisation and Business Management team; who are responsible for major cost-reduction projects, savings of tens of millions of Euros for the company.
The activities covered by the team are broadly divided into three areas, which you'll gain experience in during the course of your apprenticeship;
· Project Teams
· Master Production Scheduling
· Lean Operations.
Our Business Apprenticeship: Industrialisation and Business Support programme offers a full degree with no fees, plus vocational training with a regular salary. Airbus is leading the way with this programme through which you will achieve a BSc in Applied Business Management from Swansea University whilst applying your studies on-the-job across a wide variety of business areas at our world leading aircraft manufacturer site in Broughton (near Chester), North Wales.
During your time on the programme you can also achieve an Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 4 Diploma in Principles of Leadership & Management, and an Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Management.
Tasks & accountabilities
Throughout your time at Airbus you will gain broad exposure to our day to day operations and management of aircraft
As a Business Apprentice, you will be involved in strategy development, as well as modification of product and plant Industrialisation projects, which will involve:
· Programme management: Supporting the planning and implementation of any adaptations to the shop floor working environment required as a result of programme changes and/or new products being introduced into the production lines In addition to physical working environment adaptations, this will involve elements such as resource adaptation and delivery timings.
· Project management: Working in multifunctional teams to implement the identified required changes into the production line. (e.g. adaptations to the tools or jigs). It will be the role of our Business Apprentices to support, and eventually lead these changes.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
In order to be eligible for this exciting apprenticeship opportunity, you must have a minimum of:
· Two A-Levels at grade B, including Business Studies and a related subject such as IT, Economics, English Language or Maths.
· Six GCSEs at grade C or 4, or above, which must include Maths and English Language.
Alternatively a Business BTEC Extended Diploma at grade triple Distinction D
· D* D* can be accepted as an alternative to the two A Levels.
Please note that you must also include a cover letter as part of your application for this programme which demonstrates your interest in aerospace and motivation to join the apprenticeship programme.