Airbus Operations Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An opportunity for a Business Analyst to join the Airbus Information Management team in Broughton has arisen.
Information Management (IM) is a key asset serving Airbus strategic objectives to step into the Digital Era. IM focuses on 3 core drivers : Customer Value, Empowering People and Accelerating Innovation.
Join a motivating, innovative and agile environment that encourages and supports collaborative spirit and cross-functional interaction.
Help us build this new Digital Era by becoming an essential team player in Airbus.
The IM Shop Floor Applications team based in Broughton has a vacancy for a Business Analyst. The team is currently working on projects that aim to optimise the manufacturing process in the UK and deal effectively with the ongoing ramp ups in our various aircraft programmes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will translate the business needs into IT requirements and proactively identify opportunities for business transformation or improvement enabled by technology.
You will develop a solid understanding of the customer's existing business and business processes ideally end-to-end, the key drivers and measures of success for the business, and the short
· and long-term direction of the business and related technologies. You will translate your understanding and knowledge of the business into feasible IT Products in collaboration with the IT Product Manager while ensuring that the developed solutions are aligned with evolving customer needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
· Conducts in-depth discovery meetings, targeted at understanding, capturing, and identifying the complex business requirements and operational objectives of the customer, with recommendations on automation.
· Produces documentation of current challenges, future requirements, and benefits in a manner appropriate for the customer.
· Defines and develop the required specification documents to be reviewed with stakeholders and Product team members.
· Monitors external business trends in order to better challenge the business requirements.
· Serves as liaison between Product Management teams and technical resources during product development and implementation to ensure integrity of the solution delivered.
· Fully support the introduction of MES, plus the Digital NC solutions that will be used in the future in support of the plant’s ongoing digitalisation plans.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Should have the following:
· Experience of Information Management in preferably a manufacturing or engineering business context.
· Educated to Bachelor degree level in STEM based degree such as IT / Computer science, Engineering or Business studies.
· Preferably good knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems & Digital manufacturing.
· Business Plan Development
· IT Product Design & Product Development
· Technology Trend Monitoring
· Documentation Production
· Problem Solving
· Stakeholders Management
· Good communication & active listening
· Flexibility, Creativity & Negotiation
· Able to manage a mission from beginning to end