Bid Management Graduate
Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: September 2019
Application closing date: 4th November 2018
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Bid Management team manages the generation and delivery of our proposals from kick-off to signature, with the primary purpose of turning sales opportunities into winning offers that can be successfully delivered. To succeed in this mission, we focus on understanding our customers' needs and wants and developing a proposal that will convince the customer our solution is the most appropriate.
The role involves working with of diverse disciplines, for example engineering, project management, finance, and contractual, across the company to provide inputs into the proposal. Often the teams are multi-national, involving travel and the challenge/interest of understanding and working with different cultures and nationalities.
Ideal candidate profile
Tasks & accountabilities
Main activities of the role may include;
· Work with the sales leads to promote the early identification of business opportunities within the company's opportunity management tools
· Lead the bid management activity for a range of opportunity types
· Lead the preparation and timely delivery of effective proposals
· Analyse opportunities, produce and communicate bid plans
· Coordinate the commercial and technical inputs to the bid
· Organise internal formal and informal reviews
· Ensure that all actions are completed within the required timeframes
· Prepare and lead the presentation of a tender evaluation
· Support wider Sales activities as required
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
· 2:1 or above in a Business-related or Engineering degree
· Entrepreneurial skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Organisational skills
· Knowledge of project management, the marketing mix and sales strategies
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
· Fluency in a second European language would be advantageous, but not essential
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Stevenage or Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Applications will be accepted from 17th September 2018 – 4th November 2018.