Description de l'offre
Attitude and Orbit Control System / Guidance Navigation and Control engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Do you have Matlab and Simulink experience? Are you interested in learning about Aerospace, Space crafts and Project Management? Do you have filtering or control Engineering experience? Wanting to join a knowledgeable team who knowledge shares and where your ideas are not only listen to – but actioned as well?
Then this is the role for you?
You will be trained to be an AOCS / GNC (Attitude and Orbital Control System/Guidance, Navigation and Control) engineer. You will have the support of a Manager who is well versed in training and supporting people, alongside a team who will be happy to share knowledge with you.
As an AOCS / GNC Engineer, you will be working on Spacecraft lifecycles, end-to-end. Developing a wide range of skills such as Aerospace, Project Management and creating new concepts and ideas. You will be working on unique projects that no one else is doing, has done, worldwide.
You will be working on current and future space missions. The job is a stimulating blend of learning and technical work and the successful candidate will gain extensive experience in the design and analysis of space mission GNC, for both small studies and large projects. The department provides the AOCS/GNC engineering analysis and support to a number of large ESA projects currently being conducted at Airbus DS - including Solar Orbiter (observing the Sun's heliosphere and solar wind), and ExoMars Rover (a mission to land and operate an autonomous rover vehicle on Mars).
This role will require occasional UK and European travel.
The successful candidate will need to gain UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
· Perform AOCS/GNC design and analysis activities through the full engineering lifecycle
· Initial concept design through to support to validation
· Producing the associated documentation (design justifications, Software requirements for AOCS/GNC algorithms, performance analysis documentation etc.)
· Develop Software to a prototype level (non-real time simulator development under C / Matlab).
· Perform mission analysis and flight dynamics calculations in order to define and operate missions from Earth centred to interplanetary missions.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· (Commercial / academic) Knowledge of dynamics, filtering, estimation and / or control is essential
· Use of Matlab, Simulink.
· Background in Physics / Engineering / Aerospace / Automatics / Mechanical / Electrical / Computer Science / Automotive or similar.
· The ability to interact comfortably within a team environment.
Experience of mathematical modelling, computer simulations and software development is highly desirable – however training will be provided