Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you interested in learning about Aerospace, spacecraft and Robotics? Do you have dynamics and controls experience?
Wanting to join a knowledgeable team who knowledge share and where your ideas are not only listen to - but actioned as well?
Then this is the role for you!
As an experienced engineer you will be joining a team of Attitude and Orbit Control System / Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC / AOCS) analysts to work on current and future space missions. The job includes the design, analysis and test support activities associated with the development of a GNC/AOCS system for space applications.
The department provides the GNC / AOCS engineering design, analysis and support to a number of large ESA projects being conducted at Airbus DS Stevenage, including Solar Orbiter (observing the Sun's heliosphere and solar wind) and ExoMars Rover (a mission to land and operate an autonomous rover vehicle on Mars). The department also leads a number of technology R&D studies (both internal and external) in the areas of advanced GNC and robotics.
Tasks & accountabilities
• Perform GNC/AOCS design and analysis activities through the full engineering lifecycle from initial concept design, rapid prototyping, all the way through to support to final validation
• Produce the associated documentation (design justifications, Software requirements for GNC/AOCS algorithms, performance analysis documentation etc.)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
• Matlab and Simulink experience
• Ability to develop Software to a prototype level (non-real time simulator development under C / Matlab).
• A background in Engineering / Physics / Science / Technology / Computer Science (or similar) and preferably an interest in the space engineering sector.
• Knowledge of dynamics and control is essential, as is experience in the use of Matlab, Simulink.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to interact comfortably within a team environment.
• Mathematical modelling, computer simulations and software development
• Dynamics and control engineering knowledge.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you
The successful candidate will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check) in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company