Description de l'offre
A350 Chief Engineer's Team - Internship
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 1st July 2018
Duration: 12 Months
The A350 Family Chief Engineers Team is looking for an intern to join our self-motivated and autonomous team. The Chief Engineer's team is accountable for the airworthiness and safety of the Wing, Landing Gear, Fuel and Inerting systems. We also lead development projects by specifying customer requirements, managing the engineering teams to deliver “best for aircraft” integrated solutions and support both the aircraft in build and in service.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
The successful candidate will be involved in the following activities:
· Work with the Chief Engineering team leaders on product evolution of the A350 by defining aircraft technologies and requirements, attending regular team meetings and contributing to product development ideas and projects.
· Continuous development of the existing fleet through the management of modification projects. This involves liaising and coordinating with a number of technical teams (Engineering, Airworthiness, Safety, Procurement etc.) to ensure a robust integrated solution is achieved quickly and efficiently.
· Improve the teams' processes via internal improvement projects.
Benefits of working in this team
· You will gain a top level appreciation of aircraft development and an understanding of the decision making processes involved in complex aerospace industry projects.
· You will have flexibility and autonomy on task involvement across a range of disciplines through the support of the Fuel Systems, Wing Structure and Landing Gear Chief Engineers.
· You will experience multiple live projects with a large degree of variability, allowing for a quick learning curve and engagement with the team from early on.
· You will work with a highly experienced team who will both pass on knowledge to you and expect to listen and learn from your contributions and experiences.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement studying towards a degree in a relevant engineering; Aerospace, Aeronautical, Systems, Electronics, Physics (with an interest in Aerospace).
· Regular user of Microsoft Office and Google Suite experience
· Excellent written and spoken English with the ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written forms and in front of audiences
· An understanding of project management principles to delivering objectives with the ability to prioritise tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
· Confident personality capable of explaining a situation accurately and concisely to the individuals and teams involved.
· Comfortable with taking the initiative and working independently to meet team objectives.