AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
· Can be located in either Portsmouth OR Stevenage.
· Will suit people at early careers and experienced levels.
· Come with quarterly travel across Europe
· Provide a multitude of career paths (PM, System Eng., Procurement, Finance...)
What if supporting proposals and sales campaigns of Satellites, Rovers or many other Space Products was your next challenge!
Are you interested by cost estimation, financial and competition analysis?
To be the corner stone in bids and proposals, working day to day with some of the best engineers and project managers of the industry?
Are you looking for a visible and key role working to help building the future and prosperity of our company?
Then we would like to chat to you!
Due to organic growth we are looking for a Costs Engineer to join a small UK team that is part of a larger transnational team within the Space System business line and will form part of the transnational Earth observation, Navigation and Science Cost Engineering team.
You will support us in the area of Business acquisition and will work as part of the bid team.
Tasks & accountabilities
· Lead the costing, pricing and financial activities during Sales Campaigns and Transnational Missions Proposals.
· Coordinate the costing process and reviews until final validation by management.
· Identify and implement areas for cost reduction opportunities.
· Contribute to Design To Cost / Make or buy analysis and subcontractors cost analysis.
· Contribute to risk analysis of proposals and establish technical and financial provisions for risk.
· Support the price elaboration of proposals including internal/suppliers cost consolidation, provision, cash analysis, financial margins and analysis.
· Support the price strategy and collaborate in price presentation and supports.
· Manage cost benchmark exercise to support business cases preparation, tools and methods improvement.
· Support and Enforce a high level of collaboration in transnational organization.
· Support the development of our Costing and Pricing Tool in collaboration with Cost Engineers from other Airbus countries
· Background in ONE of the following:
o Project Management / Project Control
· Excellent communication skills - you will work with inter-departmental and diverse points of contact and presenting reports and proposals to a varied audience
· Excellent Excel skills (can perform complex functions)
· VBA (Visual Basic For Applications) or VB (Visual Basic) skills
· Well versed in flourishing within a dynamic, competitive and swift paced environment
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
The successful candidate will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check) or UK SC Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.