Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
What if YOU starts your journey with US!
As part of a school curriculum in initial training , you are looking for a mandatory internship or integrated into a gap year that will allow you to validate your studies. The internship duration is 4 to 6 months maximum.
We offer you to work in a world-leading company which is at the heart of a digital transformation, at the cutting edge of research and innovation.
We are looking for a FPGA designer (m/f) who will be joining us at Airbus site in St Martin du Touch, in Toulouse area .
This internship is to be filled from February, 2020 (the dates are subject to a certain flexibility)
You will be joining the department «Electronic» which activities include to design and to manufacture electronics for embedded equipment.
The objective of the internship is to evaluate one or several commercial RTL description generation tools.
· Tasks and Responsibilities :
You will be working under the supervision of your manager who will help you identify your professional objectives and support you in the development of your skills.
Your main activities will include:
· Review product offer available on the market,
· Write high level description of selected function/algorithm already implemented manually (will be used as reference for tool performance evaluation).
· Define criteria for comparative analysis of tools,
· Run generation tool, compare with existing implementation results, check results optimization possibilities with support of tool provider,
· Check capability to integrate others constraints relative to Safety Critical Avionics FPGA development,
· Review verification solution proposed by each vendor for generated RTL;
· Fill comparison table based on evaluation and criteria
· Required skills :
You are preparing a diploma level Bac+ 5, in electronic or equivalent and you have following competences:
- English: ADVANCED,
- French: ADVANCED
- ASIC or/and FPGA design & verification flow knowledge / “project experience” (hardware modelling languages, RTL simulation, STA, synthesis, place & route)
- Knowledge of high level modelling and/or RTL generation tools (Matlab/Simulink, Vivado/Quartus HLS) and language (C, C++, System C)
- Linux frequent user
· Team work experience and will to work in collaborative environment
· Rigor, capacity for synthesis: taste for details and ability to simplify complex topics
· High interest in microelectronic as well as various level of hardware modelling
· Good communication skills
Depending on the specifics of the offer, you may have to travel to another locations.
If your profile catches our attention, you will be invited to perform a video interview during which you will have a few minutes to tell us about your background, motivations and your professional project. Afterwards, your application could be proposed to the managers for further review.
If the prospect of joining our innovative Group motivates you do not hesitate and apply online on our website www.airbus.com/careers !
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.