We are looking for a passionate and driven Men’s Lifestyle Content Writer and Editor for the leading and multi-award winning British Asian and South Asian lifestyle web platform.
This is a fixed-term contract for 12 months for 3 days (paid) and 2 training days per week on a volunteer basis. The position offers the opportunity to make it a full-time role after a probationary period of one month depending on your performance and commitment to the role.
You will be responsible for the full process of writing and timely publishing of lifestyle and entertainment features and news, targeting our British Asian and South Asian male audience.
Ensuring content is produced to the highest quality using our house style and professional standards of journalism, you will be trained and supported to plan and coordinate content delivery to meet the demands of the digital publication.
* Follow directions for regular and timely content production
* Write scheduled lifestyle content on a daily basis (published at weekends too)
* Work individually and with editors to produce specific content
* Organise and manage editorial tasks adhering to a strict publishing schedule
* Plan, research, write and publish original features targeting our male audience
* Research, write and publish breaking news
* Provide weekly article support for our Jobs website
* Manage team writers to produce timely content
* Edit, proofread and publish content produced by writers
* Review and manage the content delivery schedule
* Contribute to the growth of publication with new ideas and approaches
* Review weekly content statistics to improve future content engagement
* Participate in regular editorial team meetings
* Engage in events and projects related to the publication
* Conduct email, telephone or video interviews with celebrities and everyday people for the publication
* Take responsibility for your personal skills and development using training provided
* Quick learner
* Has strong self-initiative and desire to prove accountability in the role
* Self-starter with high personal drive
* Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and hit deadlines
* Ability to work alone and as part of a team
* Pragmatic and enthusiastic
* Can work flexibly and respond to change
* Attention to detail
* High integrity
Equal Opportunities Statement
Aidem Digital CIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate UK law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.