Job Function: Digital
State / Province: Netherlands
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Amsterdam
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
As a Product Owner at DBC you are responsible for the quality and strategic impact of a small or medium digital product. Together with your agile team you work on continuously improving and evolving the assigned product in order to optimize the value for the consumer.
Partnering with IT and markets to define a robust product backlog, managing capability expansion increments and leading the team towards new functionalities & best practice definitions are a few examples of the activities that will be expected from this role. Additionally, you will be cooperating with various internal stakeholders, including Markets and other DBC areas to drive consumer engagement and satisfaction, as well as incremental revenues by delivering digital experiences.
1. Product Strategy & Delivery
· Be accountable for the Enrichment product success considering the value for the consumer and the company (ROI).
· Specify the Enrichment product vision and roadmap as well as user stories considering the value for the consumer and the company as well as its role and impact on the adidas digital ecosystem.
· Be accountable for product delivery in line with the roadmap and committed delivery dates.
· Identify and solve dependencies with other product owners to ensure efficient delivery. Coordinate interfaces between different product teams.
2. Stakeholder Management
· Represent the business for the product, fostering strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that their views and requirements are captured in the product backlog.
3. Backlog Management
· Prioritize the items in your product backlog. Specify the definition-of-done in cooperation with the product team.
· Own the refinement of your product backlog to ensure that the product team is delivering the right enhancements to drive consumer and business value.
· Provide acceptance for delivered backlog items by the team, in line with the definition-of-done.
· Be accountable for monitoring, optimization and enhancement of the configuration, features and functionalities related to the product.
· Use data sources and feedback loops to ensure the team focuses on the right enhancements.
„If required“ Responsibilities:
1. People Management
· Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
· Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and DBC objectives.
Knowledge, Capabilities & Experience:
· Degree with focus on Business Administration, Communication or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· 5+ years of experience working in a Digital and/or eCommerce environment
· 2+ years working as a Product Owner or product management related role, preferably in an Agile working setup
· Experience working with stakeholders and experts at various organizational levels
· Experience in creating strong internal business cases to support investment and internal resource requests
· Good communication skills and comfortable presenting to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
· Solutions-oriented approach and entrepreneurial mindset
· Basic leadership skills are a plus
· Advanced domain knowledge
· Familiarity with A/B testing or other multivariate testing
· Advanced knowledge of Agile working methods e.g. Scrum/Kanban
· Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
· Basic understanding of IT
· Fluent in English both verbally and written