Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Science - Research and Development
· Job type
· External Reference
Trial Support Lab Technician
An exciting 12 Month Assignment opportunity has arisen for a Full Time Trial Support Laboratory Technician for my client, a large global FMCG organisation based in Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire, a few miles from Melton Mowbray. This is an excellent first career step and opportunity to grow and develop within a highly renowned and unique business. This role is key in supporting the department and to provide support for the implementation of research needs. Full time hours per week are 37.5/Mon to Fri/ 8am to 4pm. Please note that some flexibility is required due to trial timings, you may be required to start earlier or finish later plus you will be required to work the odd weekends with days off in the week. Due to the location of the role you must have own transportation.
Pay rate: £8.36 per hour.
The main objective and primary task of this role is to prepare flavour solutions and model food systems for our cat and dog trials and process biological samples, such as saliva and faeces, for laboratory analysis. Attention to detail and strict adherence to standards of laboratory practice is mandatory in order to provide support for the delivery of the research plan across a range of competency areas. You will also be required to attend trial planning meetings and reviews, liaise with research members on trial requirements and progress updates.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
· Lab experience would be beneficial
· Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality of work
· Experience of working in a laboratory environment
· Ability to effectively work to deadlines
· Good communication skills
· Flexible with the ability to work on number of different trials per week
· Interpret and adhere to risk assessments and standard operating procedures
· High level of learning agility
· Ability to work within a team
· Work under the guidance of the Research support coordinator to ensure trial requests are effectively carried out.
· Assisting in the development of new methodologies in collaboration with Research Scientists
· Being trained on new equipment / methodologies
· Carry out test runs to ensure trials run successfully.
Must be educated to A-Level standard or equivalent. A higher education qualification, such as a BSc or further education courses, in a scientific discipline is desirable.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy