Hounslow, Greater London
£ 17.39 - £ 18.39 / Hour
Science - Research and Development
· Job type
· External Reference
Our client, a leading research and educational institution are seeking a Project Coordinator for an exciting new project involving working with multiple teams and departments across the organisation.
The client is looking for a candidate for an initial 6 Month period at their site based at a leading hospital in West London and are looking to pay £17.39 per hour.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Coordinator looking to develop their career in a research environment. The post-holder will coordinate a couple of epidemiological projects as well as work on new projects being developed. The post-holder will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of working commitments and supporting the work of the staff team. You will be responsible for supporting the coordination of projects in the area of socio economic status (SES) and healthy ageing, Environmental and Molecular Epidemiology and working on the LIFEPATH and Exposomics projects in addition to studies on biomarkers and chronic diseases.
The role will work closely with external stakeholders such as: LIFEPATH project partners, project funders, research councils, dissemination organisations including the media, staff of research journals, other HEIs as well as multiple internal departments.
The appointee will support the coordination of the portfolio of projects that exist within his/her remit and assist in applying for and securing additional awards to add to the portfolio.
· Be a point of contact for colleagues within the client, administrative staff, Joint Research Office and academic staff regarding any existing and new projects
· Work internally with Programme Manager or core admin support staff on the various projects within the portfolio to ensure queries are responded to effectively
· Have an understanding of assigned projects and coordinate their progress (both in research and financial terms as required)
· Support the project life-cycle and develop plans for each of the awards in the portfolio
· Contribute to the gathering of materials and the writing of project reports as necessary
· Highlight any problems or potential problems
· Review data to ensure spend is in line with project plans/timescales (if required)
· Highlight any discrepancies in project spend and ensure these are followed up and resolved (working with the Department's core administrative team / Joint Research Office as appropriate)
· Ensure that the clients internal guidelines and procedures on expenditure are followed as required
· Identify and purchase relevant equipment and supplies as required by the projects
· Work with the Programme Manager and Joint Research Office to ensure all financial reports are accurate and submitted in line with relevant deadlines
· Liaise with the various funders/co-ordinators on project progress when appropriate
· Keep up to date with financial regulations and procedures
Project Human Resources and Management
· Support the Programme Manager with HR work as required
· Contribute to the preparation and submission of research grant applications to secure future funding
· Identify new funding opportunities
· Work in liaison with the Department's core administrative team as necessary on grant applications
Administrative and other Tasks
· The major focus of this role would be to support the administrative work of the Coordinator in relation to dealing with the project's International Advisory Board, the Project Steering Board, project partners and all other stakeholders including the European Commission, the College, the MRC Centre for Environment and Health, and the department.
· Work with the IT team and Programme Manager to develop an effective communication infrastructure such as the College website, mailing lists etc.
· Support the maintenance of databases
· Provide assistance with the preparation of academic publications, reports etc.
· Be familiar with appropriate regulations including (but not limited to)the Data Protection Act and the Health and Safety at Work Act
· Ensure website content is current and updated on an on-going basis
· Organise travel and other arrangements for the team
· Arrange, attend and take active role in meetings as required including responsibility for agenda, taking of minutes and following progress of action points
Desired attributes that will set you apart from other applicants:
Academic background in Sciences or Social Science, Professional qualification in project management.
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy