£ 18000 - £ 19000 / Year
Transport & Logistics - Transport & Logistics
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
To coordinate the activity between supplier deliveries and customer orders, providing first-line customer service across all business units.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Fielding incoming calls from customers, suppliers, service providers and internal stakeholders and managing to a satisfactory conclusion or escalating as appropriate.
· Processing of customer purchase orders onto all company systems to agreed dates.
· Allocation of correct materials to each order.
· Communication of customer delivery requirements to all 3PL partners.
· Investigating daily claims of stock shortages from customers, 3PL's and internal departments.
· Recording the outcome of any shortages on in house systems.
· Communicating to the supply chain team regarding any known stock shortages, excess stock or product life issues.
· Reconciling and adjusting stock levels on in house systems to reflect an accurate stock position.
· Processing of inbound shipment advice's from export suppliers.
· Monitoring arrival of inbound materials and updating systems (container docking, clearance, cold store arrival)
· Checking and receipting stock onto in house systems from inbound containers.
· Analysis and verification of invoiced charges from 3PL providers.
· Communication of new materials due to arrive at 3PL providers to allow correct receipt.
· Analysis and correction of improper information within 3PL storage systems, relating to pallet standards and product data.
· Pooled pallet administration including ordering and de-hiring
· Administration of customer and product data held on in house systems
· Assist Logistics Manager with reasonable ad hoc requests.
· Past customer service/customer facing experience.
· Excellent communication skills with emphasis on telephone contact.
· Past experiences in negotiating with suppliers and service providers.
· Able to demonstrate flexibility to meet the changing demands and deadlines of customers.
· Able to concentrate on detailed tasks for prolonged periods of time whilst ensuring high levels of accuracy.
· PC literate (Windows) and proficient in MS Outlook and MS Excel.
· Past experiences in a logistics customer facing role in an FMCG business
· Experience of frozen or chilled food supply chains
· Experience in SAP SD and MM
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy