Enfield, Greater London
£ 30000 - £ 33000 / Year
Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Electrical & Electronic Engineering
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
Facilities & Maintenance Engineer
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
Salary/Rate: £30,000 - £33,000
Tenure: FTC to March 2019
Adecco Harlow are currently recruiting for a Facilities & Maintenance Engineer on behalf of a Global business based in Enfield, Middlesex. The main purpose of the role is to complete maintenance schedules, fault diagnosis's and renovation on the company's equipment. As the Facilities & Maintenance Engineer you will oversee site services, repairs, installations and upgrades across the company's facilities.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
· To complete mechanical and electrical when required,
· Advise the operations on technical issues and assisting with training when needed,
· Improve the efficiency of the line and production by implementing technical and design improvement,
· Maintain the stock levels for essential spare parts and raising requests for replacements,
· Diagnose and fix breakdown faults, to maintain an effective maintenance service,
· Ensure that preventative and reactive maintenance is manages as well as breakdown services across all site equipment alongside the planned preventative maintenance schedules,
· The ability to use 'Shire' frontline maintenance and Stock control computer systems for maintenance recording and spares requirements,
· Preventing and stopping any unsafe situations, and maintaining a safe and tidy place of work,
· Work with the company to meet its legal obligations, and demonstrate health and safety of the staff is of the highest importance,
· Help with the designing the risk assessment and with the preparation of Safe Operating Procedures and follow all safety procedures,
· Monitor and create purchase orders when required to be signed off by the Financial Manager and communicate with Finance with queries,
· Additional duties when required by management,
· The above responsibilities are not limited to the description and may be modified by the company at any time.
· Excellent communication skills,
· Excellent interpersonal skills,
· Hardworking and is prepared to work extra hours if needed,
· Possess the ability to work hard under pressure,
· To be able to work as a team player and as a pro-active individual,
· The ability to multi-task effectively,
· High level of organisation, with the ability to multi task and prioritise workload,
· Can continuously identify opportunities for process improvements and maintains a sense of pace and urgency so that actions and initiatives are implemented,
· Commercially aware and knowledgeable in industry standards, with clear understanding of the 'internal customer',
· Creates and sustains mutually beneficial relationships enabling the business to gain maximum value,
· Develops excellent understanding of individual needs, concerns and demonstrates the added value of the service provided.
Desired Skills and experience:
· Electrical qualification 17th edition wiring regulations,
· Time served Mechanical or Electrical Engineer. Ideally Multi-Skilled with at least 2 years' experience,
· City & Guilds Electro-Mechanical qualification or equivalent. ONC preferred,
· The ability to work on mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems. Broad based engineering skills. Computer literate with PLC experience,
· Fault finding and maintenance experience of packing equipment, shrink-wrap equipment, overwrappers and label applicators,
Facilities and Maintenance Engineer / Engineer / 17th edition wiring regulations / City & Guilds Electro-Mechanical qualification
We regret that due to volume of response, we can only contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Adecco is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. The Adecco group is a global company w ith more than 33,000 FTE employees and around 5,100 branches in over 60 countries and territories around the world. The Adecco Group offers a wide variety of services that include temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development, as well as outsourcing and consulting.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy