Wimbledon, Greater London
£ 24000 - £ 30000 / Year
Marketing & Advertising - Event Organiser
· Job type
Hospitality, Tourism and Travel
· External Reference
Event Coordinator Job description
We are offering an opportunity to work with a dynamic and progressive company within both the events and speciality coffee industries. As a Event Coordinator you will report to the Event Manager responsible for the Events, and be responsible for managing your own events and at times supporting the other event coordinators / managers on their events. At present the event team is responsible for running approx. 250 UK & international events a year, and you will play a key role in the increase in number of events planned by the events team.
Ltd has over 12 in providing the highest level of service and the highest quality coffee to a predominantly corporate client base across not just London and the UK but across Europe. We have executed events as far away as Montreal, Vancouver, Atlanta, New York, New Orleans, Bahia in Brazil and Buenos Aires. We are the first choice for many blue chip and multinational companies, high net worth and high profile individuals.
You will represent the company to clients, baristas and suppliers, therefore excellent communication skills are a must.
Whilst the majority of your work will be office and warehouse based, you may also be required to travel throughout the UK and internationally from time to time to set up, break down and check up on events as well as to meet your clients face to face to develop and strengthen client relationships.
Role responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Preparing quotes and communicating with clients from initial quote, throughout the course of co-ordinating the event, checking in with clients following the end of an event.
· Liaising with baristas and warehouse staff to ensure the correct equipment is prepared correctly for events
· Attending events - acting as the professional face of Events
· Co-ordinating event documentation
· Site checks and venue liaison
· Liaising with and sourcing suppliers
· Post event evaluation, coordinating the feedback report, and internal debriefs
· Booking flights and hotels for baristas
· Dealing with all incoming calls for the team
· Educated to degree level or equivalent vocation training
· Experience in an event or admin based role
· Availability on evening and weekends and willingness to deal with issues as they arise at these times to ensure any problems at an event are dealt with smoothly and immediately
· Be comfortable and confident to communicate with clients
· The individual must be able to work to deadlines and have a strong work ethic
· Ability to multi-task
· Flexible attitude
· Team player and ability to work on own initiative
· Good time management skills
· Strong attention to detail
· IT literate - Microsoft office, Outlook, Mac
· Experience within the catering event industry is beneficial but not essential.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy