Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Office and Secretarial - General Administration & Clerical
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Slots Inventory and Customer Service Coordinator (agency) - Wakefield
Shift based 3 on 3 off days based pattern
What you become part of:
Wakefield Distribution Centre is a 24/7 operation, our Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) warehouse holds 30,000 pallets, alongside a racked and block-stacked conventional warehouse of 20,000 pallets. The combined typical annual throughput is over three million pallets. Every 24 hours we expect to receive around 3,000 pallets from the on-site manufacturing operation, directly into the ASRS, as well as handling around 340 vehicle movements. Inbound vehicles arrive from our other factory sites, with palletised goods. We assemble orders of full pallets for dispatch to our customers and other sites across our network. Most customers order bulk pallets, which are assembled from the ASRS and rear-loaded onto third party haulage vehicles. We also carry out a sizeable case-picking operation within the adjacent conventional warehouse.
What to expect:
· To manage the site slot template in line with business requirements and to ensure high levels of customer service are provided at all times
· Allocate slots for both the receipt and despatch of finished goods in line with business requirements
· Inform the business of any storage requirements on a day to day basis
· Maintain high levels of customer service by ensuring that our site despatch, haulier and stock fails are kept to a minimum
· Communicate any issues as and when they arise to the relevant departments
· Collate, communicate and investigate where appropriate any casefill failures to ensure that any information is accurate and timely
Skills & Essentials:
· You must be a pro-active, flexible team player and have the ability to plan, manage and control stock inventory to maintain a continuously efficient and effective stock flow
· You will have a strong understanding of manual stock inventory systems and ideally transport planning systems.
· Strong organisational skills with good attention to detail
· Highly numerate and PC literate experienced in Microsoft Office packages
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy