Birmingham, West Midlands
£ 16500 - £ 20000 / Year
Accountancy & Finance - Credit Control
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a credit risk analyst to minimise uninsured risk and bad debt to all UK banner companies through on-going credit reviews and reporting.
· Ensure effective management and regular review/monitoring of customer credit limits >£20k to ensure that credit limits are supported by credit insurance (where applicable) and correct level of authorisation obtained, minimising uninsured risk and bad debt to all UK banner companies
· Ensure Equifax portfolio monitoring is reviewed and actioned in line with the agreed process and SLA's
· Ensure that internal "customers" receive effective and efficient support and are dealt with in a manner that is in line with the company's values.
· Analyse and assess customers' credit risk through in-depth business and financial analysis and in line with existing risk appetite and authorisation levels.
· Work closely with the sales team, supporting business development by providing crucial technical credit input and supporting and coaching the sales team to obtain information in order to mitigate risk
· Ensure all new business applications, credit limit and supplier pro-forma requests >£20k are processed in line with the credit policy and SLA's
· Ensure all insurance withdrawals are logged and referred within 24 hrs
· Distribute insurance decisions and action buyer reviews within 24 hrs, also chase if no decision received back within 48 hrs of application
· Filing and ad-hoc duties as required
· Ability to work independently and take full responsibility and autonomy for role
· Ability to work in structured, methodical, systematic way with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Customer focused
· Able to identify, analyse and present key information in a variety of formats
· Have the ability and flexibility to manage fluctuating workloads, prioritising efficiently and respond quickly and effectively to ad hoc requests.
· Ability to make timely and rational decisions based on relevant information and experience
· Ability to work calmly and effectively whilst working under pressure and to deadlines
· Credible, professional and trustworthy
Technical / Functional skills:
· Articulate, clear communicator (written and oral) with strong interpersonal skills and particular emphasis on influencing and building relationships across the business.
· Has an understanding of KPIs, SLAs.
· Understanding of Credit Risk Management and Credit Insurance desirable
· Competent in financial/IT software packages such as M3, Microsoft Outlook and Excel
Key Performance Indicators/SLAs:
· Achievement of KPIs and SLAs as detailed below:
· Reviews complete within 1 month from review date
· Requests and alerts complete within 48hr/72hrs
· Support ongoing process and productivity improvements
· Maintain an acceptable level of insurable uninsured risk as determined by CRM
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy