Science - Chemical Engineering
· Job type
· External Reference
Adecco are looking to recruit a Classification & Labeling Specialist to work for our client based in Milton Park, Oxfordshire. This role is full time 40 hours per week Monday - Friday. Pay-Rate is £20.19 per hour.
We are looking for a professional to look after Classification & Labeling activities as per CLP Regulation (EU) 1272/2008. The complexity of the tasks, the need to continuously monitor legislation developments and its implementation, the required link to internal chemical legislation team and to industry associations, the required collaboration with suppliers of co-formulants, the cross functional alignment attention (registration managers, toxicology and ecotoxicology experts, formulation chemists) and the specificities of the crop protection business in the context of this legislation, have resulted in identifying the criticality of enhanced attention in securing appropriate C&L for crop protection active substances and products.
Complying with chemical legislation is a critical activity to enable and to maintain freedom to operate in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Focused attention is needed in all defined areas: REACh, SDS, Classification and Labeling and other chemical regulations impacting crop protection products.
Determine CLP classification for new and existing crop protection portfolio (active substances and products).
· Prepare and review CLP classifications and documentation for new active substances and products, and for existing active substances and products in cases of new study data, raw material information or legislation change. Ensure that requests/queries for new CLP proposal from competent authorities, or to defend existing CLP proposals and updates to current requirements, are dealt with in a timely manner.
· Review and rebut the classifications that have been approved by Member States Competent Authorities of EU countries, to encourage classification alignment in the region, providing comments to local country registration managers.
· Perform classification impact assessments when new information is received from vendor safety data sheets, toxicology/ecotoxicology experts, CLP ATPs, etc. to ensure continuous compliance. Execute bulk updates of classifications when required for minor, but important changes that affect multiple products. Update mixtures containing active substances that have gone through CLP reviews. Ensure current classification portfolio is maintained to current legislation.
Predict Classification for early-stage development products and determine CLP classification for R&D samples.
· Upon requests from formulation development chemists, provide (theoretical) CLP input for new R&D samples.
· Work with the R&D Samples SDS group to ensure that all classifications are available for SDS preparation (mixtures and/or substances).
· Contribute to the C&L notification process to the ECHA by determine the substance CLP C&L to be notified.
Contribute to REACH registration activities.
· Provide CLP input for REACH registration dossier section 2 (CLP C&L) and for PPORD notification.
· Review CLP C&L section received from lead registrant dossier and comment accordingly.
· Review CLP C&L proposal form external consultant and propose modifications accordingly in accordance with company position.
· Minimum of three years of professional experience in the chemical legislation area (REACH, SDS, C&L).
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including via virtual/remote team activities. Ability to communicate complex technical issues within and outside the regulatory and stewardship network, and in other typical project activities.
· Prioritizes projects and manage them within agreed timelines. Ability to anticipate and solve problems proactively with little guidance.
· Appropriate understanding of the business to relate regulatory positions and developments to commercial impact.
· Has demonstrated ability to work with databases, keep high level of concentration and attention to details. Driven for data integrity/accuracy.
· Business and Technical Knowledge of agrochemicals and/or seeds industry is a plus. Experience in using and working within SAP environment would be considered as an advantage.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Closing date for this vacancy is Tuesday 5th June 2018.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.