Description de l'offre
Brierley Hill, West Midlands
£ 22000 - £ 24000 / Year
Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Manufacturing
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
Excellent Opportunity Available
£22,000 - £24,000
Our established client is looking to recruit a Buyer A vacancy has arisen for an energetic and enthusiastic buyer with a recognised back-ground in a procurement environment to work within our purchasing department. Ideally, the successful candidate will have an engineering background and the self-assurance to generate new ideas, creative thinking and challenging the status quo whilst having the ability of working on your own initiative as well as part of a team is integral to the position.
This role of Buyer will form an integral part of the Purchasing function in the achievement of Operational objectives, assisting the department in securing quality suppliers of materials and components covering price delivery and quality targets and leading to successful execution of the plan to facilitate customer orders being met.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
· Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure planning is on track: Ensure agreed dates for achieving the plan are executed swiftly and then reflected in the plan
· Forecasting business activities and closely managing stock levels ensure materials and components availability on time
· Liaise with overseas manufacturing plants, travelling to site if necessary, ensuring overseas operations are following through guidelines set by EU
· Develop KPIs
· Planning, developing and buying raw materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
· Help to lower the cost and secure agreements and contribute to introduction of new products
· Liaise with Quality Department to discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
· Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier
· Buyers and wider Purchasing team
· Production Manager & Production Supervisor
· Materials Control team
· Quality team
· Press Shop - Metal work Sales/Supervisor
· Sales & Freight Billing
In return you will benefit from:
* Basic salary of £22,000 - £24,000
* 20 days holiday + bank holidays
* On site Parking
The above role is based on a permanent full time basis with an ASAP start. Hours of work are Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM. If you are interested please apply directly through the advert or email your CV . If you require further information on the position, please call 01384 456 782
Adecco UK are an equal opportunities employer and an Employment Agency
By applying you will register as a candidate with Adecco. Our Privacy Statement explains how we will use your information.