Description de l'offre
Alderley Edge, Cheshire
Construction & Property - Surveying & Related Services
· Job type
Construction and Property
· External Reference
Our client based in the Cheshire area is looking for a Building Surveyor to join their team as a Building Surveyor.
The aim of this role is to help renovate several properties located over several different sites.
This can include sports halls, kitchens, bathrooms, gyms etc.
The main aim of this role:
· Undertake and schedule of dilapidation surveys and using this data assist with the formation of five year planned maintenance programmes.
· Carrying out core building surveying activities. This can include dilapidation reports, various surveys (pre-acquisition, condition, utilisation, Asbestos, Structural), repair schedules, risk appraisals, and insurance valuation.
· Manage the safety of work carried out by staff/contractors in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
· Prepare documents (including contract documents), and invitations to tender for work, evaluate bids, negotiate variations and report on submitted tenders.
· Liaise with the Facilities Management Team to assess the impact of management work on their services, working together to deliver continuous service improvement.
· Draft terms of reference, estimate costs and resource requirements, and produce project initiation documents for corporate projects. This is to ensure that all work is accurately scoped and sized and presented.
· Responsible for the site management of all planned maintenance and improvement projects. This is to ensure that schemes are completed in a timely manner, within budget and to the required standards.
· On call on a rota basis.
· Must be able to travel around the County.
· May be required to attend regional meetings.
· Manage framework/external consultants, staff and contractors, monitoring their performance, make site visits, chairing/attending project progress meetings and carry out inspections of works to ensure quality standards are achieved.
The skills and experience required for this role include, but are not limited to:
· Strong knowledge and experience in providing building surveying services across several properties varying in size and use.
· Proven experience of managing multiple projects.
· Significant experience of maintaining strong, productive relationships with customers/clients.
· Educated to level 4 in a Building related background or similar.
· Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Estates related statutory duties and requirements.
· Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Must be able to analyse problems and identify solutions.
· Numerate and IT literate to interpret/ present data using a variety of system applications, such as AutoCAD, Microsoft office etc.
If you feel you have the correct skills and experience required for the role above, please apply online, or call the branch on 01244346674.
Adecco aim to respond to all applicant's, however due to the large volume of applications we receive this may not always be possible. Should you not receive a response within five working days please accept this as notification that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy