£ 20000 - £ 24000 / Year
Procurement & Supply Chain - Buyer / Puchasing
· Job type
Procurement and Supply Chain
· External Reference
Assistant Merchandiser (Buying)
Salary £20,000 - £24,000 dependant on experience
Adecco Cheltenham are thrilled to be representing an exciting company in Gloucester who are looking for an Assistant Merchandiser to join their Buying Department on a Permanent basis. Reporting into the Merchandiser/Buyer, you'll be responsible for stock availability, profitability plus mark downs and clearance. This is a rare opportunity to continue your Merchandising career in the Gloucestershire area with a company who can offer exciting career prospects!
Duties will include:
- Accurately forecasting trends, planning stock levels and monitoring the performance of a range of suppliers.
- Reviewing supplier lists on a regular basis and proposing orders to the merchandiser for sign off (where applicable).
- Raising supplier orders and preparing invoices for sign off: completing the administrative tasks involved and accurately updating system records as appropriate.
- Providing feedback concerning stock and order position.
- Delivering excellent communication with suppliers; identifying any issues and communicating these internally for resolution. You'll always be aware of impending order deadlines and will closely monitor progress to ensure deadlines are achieved!
- Continually monitoring and updating the systems concerning product information, prices and delivery dates.
- Preparation, production and posting of product labels for customers and suppliers as required to ensure deadlines are achieved for all parties.
- Monitoring customer portals, specifically to ensure order and delivery information is kept up to date and delivery targets are achieved.
- Visiting company suppliers alongside the Merchandiser/Buyer.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Experience within a Merchandising role. The successful candidate will come from a retail, wholesale or distributor background rather than a made-to-order industrial/engineering product background.
- Advanced Excel skills to include Pivot Tables and V-lookups. You will have used these in a previous role.
- The ability to analyse large sets of data (experience within forecasting or trend analysis would be very appealing for my client).
- Knowledge or understanding of Critical Path Management is highly desired - if you have worked with Critical Path Management before you will be at a distinct advantage!
If you possess experience within a Merchandising role and would like a varied position within a reputable company do not delay - click apply today and Trish Hughes will contact suitable applicants in due course. Candidates with suitable experience are welcome to call Trish directly to discuss further!
Adecco is an employment agency and an equal opportunities employer. Due to the high volume of responses to our advertising we are unable to respond to all candidates directly. If you have not heard from us within 4 working days then please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy