Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Assistant
· Job type
· External Reference
Accounts Assistant - Part Time - Bury St Edmunds - FTC. I am currently recruiting on behalf of my client for an account's assistant to join their lively and supportive finance team on a six-month fix term contract basis. This varied account's position will be to work on a part time basis of 25 hours per week, hours being flexible.
This will be a varied role sitting within the finance team, with main duties to include (but not be limited to):
· Maintain the company's sales ledger function including invoicing, posting cash receipts, preparing aged debtor reports and managing credit control.
· Process and reconcile daily interfaces.
· Assist with monthly bank reconciliations.
· Contribute to generation of monthly management reports
· Assist with the financial year end process
· Review monthly ledger transactions and work with budget holders to correct issues and understand variances.
· VAT coding adjustments.
· Generate financial reports for budget holders.
· Prepare monthly control account reconciliations.
· Respond to telephone calls and emails from both internal and external customers in a timely and professional manner.
· Represent the Finance team and contribute to working/project groups, and at other meetings as required.
· Any other duties that may be required by your manager or Head of Finance
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience in working within a finance role or department, however this would not necessarily be essential for somebody who is able to demonstrate fantastic attention to detail and a similar background. You will be a fast learner with a positive 'can-do' attitude and must be available to start at short notice.
This is a part-time position working 25 hours per week paying £9.80ph, hours will be flexible across the week. The position is to work on a six-month fix term contract with the view of the successful candidate starting immediately.
To apply for this position, please contact Shannon on 01284 732440 or via email on
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy