17000 £ - 20000 £ / Year
· Job type
· External Reference
Banking and Financial Services
Are you an Accounts Assistant that is looking for a new challenge?
Are you interested in completing your AAT Qualifications and not having to pay for it yourself?
Do you want to work for a growing business that will offer you great long term opportunities and benefits?
IF SO MY CLIENT BASED IN NORTHUMBERLAND IS LOOKING FOR YOU. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR AN ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT TO JOIN THERE EXPANDING TEAM:
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for the following;
* Access online banking to download daily bank activity. Reconcile payments/debits made from bank onto accounts system
* Match and code Purchase invoices onto accounts software
* Prepare and process weekly supplier payment runs via cheque and Bacs. Issue Remittance advice notes.
* Reconcile supplier statements, requesting copy invoices where required. Chase purchase invoices for delivered goods via un-invoiced orders report, as well as following up on pro-forma payments to suppliers - requesting full vat invoices upon receipt of goods.
* Monitor and maintain supplier records on accounts system ensuring supplier data is kept up to date.
* Complete Purchase Ledger month end procedure
* Record, maintain and resolve query purchase invoices as well as maintain and update monthly reports inc but not limited to - intercompany loans, query registers, staff related expenses, fuel reports
* General admin duties - filing, scanning/faxing, photocopying
* Assist with telephone reception duties, all calls are expected to be answered within a 2-3 ring policy. Re-direct calls to relevant department.
* Meet and greet all customers visiting the facility, Ensuring visitors sign into the building for H & S reasons and offer any refreshments.
* Complying with all Company Procedures including Health & Safety procedures and Directives and Company P.P.E. requirements.
* Maintaining a work area that is tidy and free from hazards.
* Checking company vehicles before use and driving in a safe and courteous manner.
* Reporting any accidents (person, property or vehicles) to the Board.
* Any ad-hoc duties as required from time to time by the Board.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.