IT - IT
· Job type
IT and Telecoms
· External Reference
Our client based in South Liverpool, is looking for a 1 st Line IT support engineer to join their rapidly expanding team.
This role is on a temporary basis of 3 months, but may be extended.
The duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
· Provide technical advice and support on both hardware and software.
· Manage, troubleshoot and resolve desktop based system and printer related issues quickly and efficiently, to provide effective user support.
· To assist in the smooth day-to-day running of all IT systems, which will include regularly attending several sites over a wide geographical area.
· To act as part of a team providing Out of Hours On-call services to the company across the full range of IT services.
· To be part of a team assisting in the provision, maintenance and development of a comprehensive ICT services.
· The post holder will be responsible for delivering IT systems services across the Trust.
· Maintains accurate log entries of requests which cannot be dealt with on first contact, recording fault details, contact information and subsequently advise users of actions to be taken.
· To create, delete and maintain user accounts as required following the existing policies.
· To provide support in the installation and configuration of all new desktop devices (including smart phones, PC's, laptops etc.) and associated devices such as printers and scanners, ensuring that the legal licensing requirements are adhered to.
· To be courteous, patient and tactful always, and to exercise the highest standards of customer care.
· Assist with backup routines on servers as directed by a 3rd Line Support Specialist or Engineer.
· Adhere to escalation procedures, promptly escalating unresolved calls as appropriate
· To routinely provide telephone based advice, support and fault diagnosis on IT related matters to Trust-wide users achieving an agreed standard for 1st line fix on phone target.
The skills and abilities required for this role include:
· Educated to "A" level in relevant area or equivalent industrial based qualifications.
· Experience of working with third parties, including outsource providers.
· Experience of delivering IT services in an integrated Microsoft environment including Windows, Windows 10 client, Exchange and MSOffice /365.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with situations in a sensitive manner.
· Strong management, motivational and leadership skills.
· Able to operate all equipment safely and in accordance with internal policy, procedures and protocols.
· Build relationships and trust with 'customers', colleagues and suppliers to ensure quality services are delivered and maintained.
If you feel you have the correct experience for the above role, simply apply online, or for more information please send me an email at , or call 0151 243 5900.
Adecco aim to respond to all applicant's, however due to the large volume of applications we receive this may not always be possible. Should you not receive a response within five working days please accept this as notification that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy