PLEASE ONLY APPLY VIA: https://www.mpthehaguejobs.com/Movenpick-Hotel-Den-Haag/vacatures/Leerling-kok-JPNLSGNP0.html
Here’s what we did….
We found this great building in the Paleisstraat in The Hague. It needed some work and we decided to rebuild it into a 72 bedroom 4 star boutique hotel with a bar, restaurant, fitness club and some meeting space. Then we added the Mövenpick brand, strong on F&B with a new Mövenpick Coffee & Wine lounge concept.
We have also found the best management team ever. Even though they have a lot of knowledge and are able to manage a lot, they cannot do it on their own. So they need you!!
Here’s what you do....
Together with the Head Chef and 5 other culinary friends you will launch our first Mövenpick Coffee & Wine lounge ever and create the best original menu! Using fresh products and your excellent cooking techniques will make our guests fall in love with Mövenpick The Hague!
Some expectation management (so we’re all on the same page) .
· Are currently enrolled in a chef education BBL niveau 2, 3 or 4 and you can’t wait to put the theory into practice!
· Are known as enthusiastic, hospitable, team-builder and stress-resistant (your friends and family are not the only one who will confirm that)
· Have passion for good quality food (you are a real food lover)
· Do not have to be a specialist already, but you are eager to learn
· Are available 24/7 (We definitely make sure you have enough time left to spend with your friends & family)
· Speak and write Dutch and English (kudo’s if you can express yourself in “het Haags”)
And what do you get out of this? An experience of a life time!
We wanted to leave it at that, but we do understand this experience does not pay your bills and as we are a member of Koninklijke Horeca Nederland and operate according the Dutch labor agreement, we decided to offer you:
· A BBL student salary based on your age, according to the CAO. For > 21 years this will be €1399,11 gross per month based on a contract of 32,15 hours per week.
· Exciting Pre-opening experience
· Many training possibilities through the Accor Academy (you will never stop learning)
· Discounts on Rooms and Food & Beverage within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts and Accor Services
· Excellent international career development opportunities after your internship (because after this apprenticeship you can take on the whole world!)
So, dreaming of opening a restaurant? Why don’t we have received you application yet?
And a serious note (so you know we’re serious when it comes to business):
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts makes moments by doing ordinary things in an extraordinary way. Providing an upscale, relaxed and uncomplicated guest experience, Mövenpick recognises that small gestures make a big difference. Whether it is chocolate hour every afternoon, customised sleep technology to ensure a restful night or specially created fun and healthy kids’ menus, Mövenpick creates a human and warm environment for guests, business partners and employees. Committed to sustainable practices and caring for its local communities, Mövenpick is the most Green Globe certified hotel brand in the world. Founded in Switzerland in 1973, but with a heritage of food and beverage excellence stretching back to the 1940s, Mövenpick holds a growing portfolio of more than 80 hotels in 24 countries. Mövenpick is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel and lifestyle group which invites travellers to feel welcome at more than 4,500 hotels, resorts and residences, along with some 10,000 of the finest private homes around the globe.