Overview of duties
'• Ensures that guests' stay at the hotel runs smoothly
• Manages and motivates Front-office teams in order to provide high quality services to guests
• Contributes to guest satisfaction by providing a high standard of service in line with norms and procedures
• Helps the department meet its targets
• Helps increase hotel revenue through his/her sales efforts
• Adopts appropriate ibis Styles service-oriented behaviours and attitudes, focussing on the brand's values: Modernity, Simplicity, Well-being'
'• Is regularly available in the hotel lobby and reception, brings the social area to life and promotes the brand and hotel's offers depending on each type of clientele
• Develops high quality relationships with guests, applying the ibis Styles hospitality policy from the moment they arrive and throughout the whole stay, in order to encourage loyalty
• Anticipates guests' needs and takes them into account
• Handles any guest complaints that are not settled directly by team members'
Professional techniques / Production
'• Knows all about ibis Styles' special features and informs guests about the formalities, any special conditions relating to their stay and the services available
• Organises arrivals and departures, encouraging guests to check out at times other than on departure
• Coordinates room allocation, handling any switches as necessary
• Communicates with the other departments whenever needed
• Ensures that guest documentation is available and up-to-date'
Team management and cross-departmental responsibilities
'• Anticipates needs and organises recruitment for the team
• Ensures the team operates smoothly: prepares the work schedules taking each person's skills into account, leads, motivates, creates a good working atmosphere...
• Carries out annual performance appraisals for his/her employees, sets targets and provides support for career development
• Prepares the team's training plan and follows up implementation
• Ensures compliance with labour legislation
• Informs and listens to, consults and involves the team in the life of the hotel and network, allocating responsibility as appropriate'
Commercial / Sales
'• Trains the team to use the appropriate sales pitches and supervises implementation
• Sets daily occupancy rate and average room rate targets for the team
• Helps define the pricing and rooms strategy
• Ensures the brand and/or Group's loyalty programme is promoted to guests
• Ensures the team applies the inter-hotel coordination policy to encourage synergy within the marketplace • Ensures high standards of service and the fulfilment of the brand's quality promise; encourages guests to post comments on the interactive Visitors' Book'
Management and administration
'• Draws up the department's annual budget, analyses results and implements any corrective actions required
• Ensures that invoicing and cash operations procedures are respected
• Updates dashboard charts (revenue, occupancy rates, average room rate, activity forecasts, headcount planning, etc)
• Manages the department's headcount for optimum efficiency'
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
'• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy
• Applies and ensures application of the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the ''Environment Charter'' (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)'
ibis Styles and its people
Working procedures are simple and thorough.
The uniform is relaxed and comfortable.
Extended multi-skill training designed to create all-round.
Sociability and accessibility
Hotels on the human scale: every manager is accessible to staff and leads his or her team as a family.
The customers are accessible, the contacts are numerous and pleasant.