Golf Operations Assistant (Full Time Position)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Fairmont Golf team in 2020. The position of Golf Operations Assistant is a full time position commencing in April. In this role you will play a key part in the delivery of the day to day golf operation, including golfer check-in and outside operations.
Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting in the Home of Golf, Fairmont St Andrews is the perfect location to turn any holiday into a treasured memory whilst offering a resort experience steeped in the history of the area and traditions of Scotland. The Resort includes 209 luxurious guest bedrooms, 6 diverse dining outlets, 2 golf courses and a tranquil Spa & Leisure facility
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Golf Operations Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offers professional, friendly and engaging service.
· Golfer check-in.
· Replenish and merchandise retail stock to ensure shop is well stocked and tidy at all times.
· Keep practice facilities presentable and a constant supply of range balls available throughout the day.
· Take advantage of upselling opportunities in order to generate additional sales on service and retail items.
· To follow all established shop procedures, including those for payment processing, handling customer complaints, opening and closing, Health and Safety, Security, etc.
· Assists guests with service item bookings for trolleys, golf carts and golf boards.
· Assist with caddy bookings and the sourcing of caddies for requests taken.
· Monitors on course pace of play in accordance with pace of play guidelines.
· Coordinates daily golf cart requests ensuring adequate supply in staging area at all times.
· Cleaning of hire clubs and other service items post round
· Other jobs at the request of Golf Operations Manager
· Must play golf or have a good understanding of the game
· Previous experience is an asset
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all time
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
· Constant standing and walking throughout shift
· Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
· Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
· Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid work authorisation for the UK.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!