Our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse has a prime location on the ground floor of the hotel and offers a full selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner served to the highest standards.
• Competitive salary (£9.50ph) including share of tips and service charge
• Free nights in Accor Hotels for every year of your employment
• Discounted rooms in all Accor Hotels Worldwide
• Discounted rate at all Legacy Hotels
• 15% Off your final bill in every Accor Restaurant or Bar
• 50% Discount in all MPW Restaurants
• Discounted Car rental in the UK or abroad with Europcar
• Special offers from third party companies
Working under our highly experienced Head Chef you will producing food for all areas of the hotel but the primary focus will be on the MPW Steakhouse. All chefs will be involved in preparing and cooking the finest fresh ingredients to the highest standard ensuring that the Brand Standards are achieved at all times. A passion for delivering impeccable food on a consistent basis is essential as we strive to be Bridgwater and the local areas foremost dining venue.
Working with the Kitchen Management team you will ensure that health and safety standards are adhered to at all times.
Being a Hotel we are open 365 days a year, there will be occasional breakfast shifts when covering holiday / days off of the breakfast chef so you must be able to work a combination of both early and late shifts on a rota basis. Shifts include weekends, public and Bank holidays which due to the nature of the restaurant are often the busiest days for the business.
Overview of duties
'• Helps provide smooth running services and a high standard of production by managing his/her section
• Works autonomously to produce dishes in compliance with cooking instructions
• Supervises the commis chefs' work
• Is responsible for the organisation, coordination and service for one area of the kitchen'
Management and administration
'• Is actively involved in meeting the department's targets:
- by following the cooking instructions to the letter
- by avoiding waste and loss of food items
- by respecting the procedures and internal audits applicable in the hotelHygiene / Personal safety / Environment
'• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and the safety of consumable goods by always respecting HACCP regulations
• Respects the instructions and safety guidelines for the equipment used
• Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the ''Environment Charter'' (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)'