To support the Head Chef in all aspects of the kitchen management, having the vision, passion and drive to expand our food operation to provide innovative restaurant, bar and room service food, alongside a high volume in banqueting, and to achieve exceptional standards within budget. Be commercially aware when creating new dishes and menus and produce top quality food while driving revenue and maintaining exceptional food and health & safety standards.
As Chef de Partie, you will be supporting the production of an excellent food offering to the highest standards, being able to adapt when necessary based on guests' requirements. Flexibility is required to be involved in different sections and take a pro-active approach in developing your knowledge in all areas, sharing your knowledge and supporting the brigade.
Joining Novotel Birmingham City Centre Hotel would mean become part of the fantastic Accor Hotels family, with more than 3600 hotels in the world. A wide range of benefit will be available to you as an Accor Hotels' talent, such as:
• Complimentary 2 free stays a year in any of the UK Accor hotels (after 6 months of service).
• Bienvenue Card, which gives you discounts in all the Accor properties around the world, restaurants, train and flight tickets, car rentals and many more!
• Discounted stays for friends and family.
• Career progression and transfer opportunities.
• Staff referral bonus scheme.
• Free use of leisure facilities.
• Employee Advisory Service.
• Meals/drinks whilst on duty.
At Novotel, we grow faster
Feel fully responsible, be autonomous, adaptable, professional, have a love of adventure and a desire to stretch your limits: that’s the Novotel spirit .
An international brand with a network of 400 hotels in 60 countries, Novotel’s success is due to the professionalism and enthusiasm of its 30 000 employees who have been embodying the brand’s ideals for over 40 years.
DNA of the brand, innovation is at the heart of the promise made to employees: "At Novotel, we grow faster" . To transform this promise into reality, Novotel has implemented a unique human resources policy declined around five main professional career paths. Novotel accompanies each employee throughout their career. Integration, geographic mobility, bridging provision, skills development… everyone is given the opportunity to progress quickly and go further. Impossible is not Novotel.
Watch the video
Ideal candidate profile
Level of Education Others
Areas of study Cooking
Professional experiences 3 to 5 years
Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
• Experience in as similar role within a fine dining restaurant preferred but not essential.
• Show drive and passion for food and cooking.
• Exhibit excellent technical and natural cooking abilities.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Food Hygiene Level 2 certification preferred although not essential for commencement as will be certified with the Company.
• Please note this role requires an element of manual handling and on occasion heavy lifting
· Power Point