Description de l'offre
1) During the breakfast shift you will need to organise the preparation and presentation of all menu items, to ensure that a high culinary standard is met and that the service is prompt and efficient
2) To receive goods ordered and check items supplied are to the standard and quality required. To inform the Executive Head Chef/Sous Chef of any discrepancies or items unavailable for production prior to service
3) To ensure that correct storage of foodstuffs in section and ensure proper stock rotation and security. To comply with any food control and issuing systems
4) To minimise wastage of foodstuffs and maintain portion control in order to achieve the food gross profit
5) To assist in developing dishes for incorporation in the menus
6) To train and develop and Demi Chef de Parties/Commis Chefs assigned to the same section of the kitchen in accordance with standards
7) To ensure that excellent cleanliness is maintained in your section of the kitchen as per cleaning schedules and current legislative requirements
8) To ensure that any Demi Chef de Parties/Commis Chefs working in your section are aware of the Health & Safety risks and comply with all hotel and company policies and procedures
9) To assist as required in ‘Service’ areas i.e. buffet, demonstrations etc.
10) To comply with all hotel and company rules, regulations and policies
11) To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times
12) To be friendly and courteous to staff, management and guests at all times
13) To attend training courses and meetings as requested
14) To undertake any other duty, which you may be reasonably requested to do
Subsidiary and Occasional Tasks
Any other duties or work outside the normal daily/weekly routine, but within the overall scope of the position.
It is the requirement of the hotel and company that employees avail themselves to training and communication meetings as required, for which advance notice will normally be given.
The responsibilities in this job profile are subject to change from time to time to reflect changes in business requirements.
Mercure and its people
Hotels with individuality, passion for service and committed to quality and guest satisfaction.
Join a team of warm and friendly professionals who will share their love for hospitality.
Level of Education Others
Areas of study Food and beverage
Professional experiences 3 to 5 years
Languages essential English