Job Title - United Kingdom and Irish (“UKI”) Tax assistant manager
Location - Dublin
· Our Global Finance team works at the heart of Dublin's digital docklands to provide strategic, operational and analytical support across Accenture's Global businesses.
· We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow.
· The successful candidate will have tax reporting & compliance responsibility for the UK and Irish operating entities and will report to the Country Controllership Statutory Manage
· You`ll be a valuable member of the Statutory and Tax Team.
· The primary focus of the work is US GAAP Tax Reporting, local country tax compliance and reporting, and managing the data requirements for local country tax audits.
· The successful person will work within a team of highly-regarded accounting and tax professionals, with deep expertise and experience.
· The successful person will work within a team of highly-regarded accounting and tax professionals, with deep expertise and experience. A great progress career and recognition are on offer for the right person.
· Responsibility for planning and managing the statutory and tax compliance timetable for the UKI entities in line with Accenture's internal policy deadlines.
· Preparing tax computations for a range of Irish and UK subsidiaries, filing relevant tax returns and dealing with any Revenue queries.
· Ensuring the integrity and completeness of financial records and internal financial controls
· Preparation of tax provisions as part of both the year end US GAAP and local Statutory process for UKI operating entities of the Group.
· Responsibility for the preparation of the year-end UKI tax package for submission to the Global tax group as well as answering queries and providing data as required.
· Calculation of the UKI Effective Tax Rate on a quarterly basis.
· Preparation of the Tax forecast on a quarterly basis for review by Country Controller.
· Responsibility for managing the tax compliance process for acquisitions and liquidations.
· Developing the relationship with both country controller and the Global tax Group.
· Facilitating and providing cross team support as required
· Working with colleagues across the Group, ensuring effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions
· Detailed review of monthly statutory and tax reconciliations
· Involvement in setting up and improving on processes with a view to making them more efficient
· Providing reporting to management on issues, statistics, metrics and projects
Ideal candidate profile
· Qualified Accountant and/or Qualified Tax Professional
· Detailed knowledge of tax legislation and current Revenue practices
· First class numerical and technical analysis skills
· The ability to interpret and understand financial and business information and make the associated recommendations for action
· Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines
· Ability to manage a broad and varying portfolio of work
· IT skills particularly with regard to data analysis and presentation
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
· A logical and organised approach to work
· Adaptable and Flexible
· Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Accuracy and timeliness
· Investigative ability/aptitude
· AlphaTax and SAP experience an advantage but not essential
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world's largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.