Job Title: Centre for Innovation –Modern Web Developer
Overview of the Centre for Innovation
The Centre for innovation is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help Accenture and its clients unlock value by design.
Our design-led, multidiscipline Centre for Innovation will research, incubate and pilot new and emerging digital technologies. Opportunities will focus on building the future in real time, partnering with clients across multiple industries and bringing together distinct skillsets to create true acceleration at scale.
Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment will be open and interactive; an experimentation culture combined with a disruptive brief will ensure that together we make major societal impacts.
Join us on this journey and be part of creating, building and influencing the Centre for Innovation's future. We are looking for the people who are:
· Motivated by open ended problems
· Passionate about reshaping the future
· Driven by embracing the unknown
What are we looking for?
Highly collaborative, open and talent led agile developers, who are ready to lead the way in advancing the next generation of agile practices. We are passionate about Iterative Development and Continuous Improvement. We can and will do whatever it takes to deliver truly great solutions.
Agile professionals define an adaptive model based on greater collaboration and communication between teams; Agile is a cultural change that impacts people, processes and tools in different ways across the organisation; based on iterative, time boxed and incremental approach, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing and cross-functional teams. Agile promotes adaptive planning, evolutionary development and delivery and encourages a rapid and flexible response to change
We are looking for a Frontend Developer responsible for creating awesome UI/UX experiences, amazing data visualizations and high performance web apps. Responsibilities will include:
· Implementing visual elements of web applications based on the design
· Building reusable components and libraries for future use
· Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
· Ensuring adherence to relevant Good Design Patterns and Principles
· Architect efficient and reusable Frontend systems that drive complex web applications
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
· Participating in Agile sprints
· Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver complelling user-facing products
· Being passionate and eager to ship great products
· Being proactive and bring value to the team and the project
Ideal candidate profile
· Experience collaboratively developing with Git
· 2+ years of HTML/CSS experience
· Deep understanding of OOP principles
· Experience with ReactJS and Redux
· Familiar with the “full stack” of back-end, front-end and design and how they interact.
· Experience with agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and within an agile project team
· Experience with Responsive Design
· 2+ years of D3.js experience
· Knowledge of:
o CSS/CSS3. Knowledge of what works in specific browsers.
o Responsive CSS
o Semantic HTML and HTML5
o Design Systems
o Component Libraries
· Experience with 1 or more testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha/Chai)
· Experience with advanced testing methodologies (TDD, BDD)
· Experience with code quality tools like ESLINT, JSHINT
· Data Visualization
· Bachelor's Degree. Major in computer science, data science, engineering, technology.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world's largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .