Service and System Designer - Fjord / The Dock
How can we revolutionize the way the world works and lives? How can we use emerging technologies to improve human life and experience? These are some of the questions we're grappling with at The Dock, Accenture's multi-disciplinary research and incubation hub in Dublin. Technology, design and business experts investigate, imagine and bring new ideas to life. Our designers at The Dock are part of Fjord, a global design and innovation consultancy that's part of Accenture Interactive. We bring the human to the heart of the solution, asking how technology augments and impacts people's lives.
As a service and system designer at The Dock, you'll help to drive user-centred design in R&D projects and experiments, contributing to creating technology for good with a deeply-skilled, diverse group of experts. This role will mean being open and adventurous, diving into experiments in a wide range of industries from healthcare, to life sciences, finance and governmental bodies. Through research and ethnographic studies on projects, you'll uncover rich insights and craft innovative solutions that are grounded in compelling evidence.
What you'll be doing
Supporting the design team and leading design activities on multi-disciplinary projects as well as planning, facilitating, and synthesizing workshops and creative brainstorms.
· You'll be an advocate for the user-centered design process at all phases of development, from initial research to validating innovative solutions.
· Using research and insights to generate innovative concepts, and crafting how users, AI and systems will interact with these solutions.
· Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams and subject matter experts to identify opportunities and create meaningful outcomes.
· Helping to frame design solutions and explain the rationale for design artefacts in a compelling way.
· Simplifying the complex by mapping and modelling systems, improving designing skills through these activities.
· Helping to evolve the R&D design practice and build new ways of working, drawing from external and internal expertise.
Your experience and skills
You have 2-3 years' knowledge and experience of Interaction Design and Service Design across varied business problems and complex domains.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
· Experience of working with complex systems, or study in a related field such as Information Science.
· Excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate easily with multi-disciplinary team members and clients.
· You have a solid, growing knowledge of user-centred design as a discipline and experience applying user-centered design processes.
· Ability to create system maps, experience maps, user journeys, data flows and service blueprints, interaction models, information architecture, voice interaction flows and other creative ways to communicate design.
· Solid knowledge of rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
· An understanding of areas of specialization within design such as Data and Design, Visual Design, Immersive Design, Content Design etc. You're curious and eager to broaden your skills in these areas, while refining your own.
A flexible approach
We understand that traditional models may not work for everyone, so we offer flexible working arrangements which include tailored options for how you work.
Please note, as part of all designer recruitment processes, we'll require a portfolio of your relevant work in order to consider your application. Please be sure to include a link to an online or downloadable portfolio on your CV, or attach an additional document with samples of your work.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world's largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 411,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Entreprise internationale de conseils en management et technologies, Andersen Consulting a été créée en 1989. Issue du département conseil d’Arthur Andersen, la société devient Accenture (contraction d’Accent on the future) en 2001. Aujourd’hui dirigée par Pierre Nanterre et basée à Dublin, Accenture compte 289 000 collaborateurs intervenant dans plus de 120 pays. En 2013, l’entreprise a généré un chiffre d’affaires de 28,6 milliards de dollars. Experte en conseil en stratégie, en organisation et en développement et mise en œuvre de système d’information, Accenture travaille au service des plus grandes organisations du monde en les accompagnant sur la route de la performance comme le souligne son slogan High performance.Delivered. Autour des valeurs telles que la gestion responsable, le développement des talents ou la création de valeur, ce réseau mondial intervient également dans le domaine de l’externalisation.