Role: Principal Data Scientist
Travel: Up to 100%
Digital revolution is changing everything. It's everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices – Interactive (think commerce, content, marketing, experience), Industry X.0 ( ioT , Mobile Devices and Apps, Platform and Services) and Analytics (Big data, AI, Visual analytics, etc). At the forefront of digital, you'll create, own and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. We are not just focused on increasing revenues – our technologies and innovations are making millions of lives easier and more comfortable. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on. There will never be a typical day at Accenture Digital, but that's why people love it here. You will be working with famous brands and household names – no worrying about how to explain what you do to your family again!
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of 426,000 employees across the globe.
What responsibilities will you have?
· Successfully develop, conceptualize and test various statistical and machine learning models;
· Integrate the outcomes as real time analytics to elevate Accenture's ability to create value for clients in areas and through means not immediately apparent to clients.
Data Scientists in Analytics follow multiple approaches for project execution from adapting existing assets to Analytics use cases, exploring third-party and open source solutions for speed to execution and for specific use cases, and engaging in fundamental research to develop novel solutions. They also leverage the vast global network of Accenture to collaborate with Accenture Tech Labs, Accenture Open Innovation and Accenture Operations for creating solutions. Data Scientists are expected to collaborate with other data scientists, subject matter experts, sales, and delivery teams from Accenture locations around the globe to deliver strategic advanced analytics projects from design to execution.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Minimum 5 years of work experience in one or more of the industry domains – Refining or Chemical Plants with focus on process engineering, plant reliability, asset integrity, operational improvement in manufacuring – with hands on experience handling data driven decisions;
· Minimum 5 years of experience in at least one of the following – Supervised and Unsupervised Learning, Classification Models, Cluster Analysis, Neural Networks, Non-parametric Methods, Multivariate Statistics, Reliability Models, Markov Models, Stochastic models, Bayesian Models, Deep Learning, Genetic Algorithms, Fuzzy Logic, Inference Systems;
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in various statistical and machine learning models, data mining, unstructured data analytics in corporate or academic research environments;
· Minimum 3 years of experience in statistical software - Python, R, Octave, Tensorflow, Caffe or Theano);
· Minimum 3 years of programming experience (Python, R or similar).
Our commitment to you
· Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
· You'll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the FTSE 100 on high-profile projects.
· Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company
· Access to leading-edge technology.
What academic qualifications do you need?
Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience
Call to action
Now is the time to become a digital disrupter. The opportunity is here—what's stopping you from pursuing it?
What's in it for you?
With lasting relationships with hundreds of clients across major industries and a market-leading “Innovation Architecture” structure, Accenture is the right place to find your niche or to build it. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
All our Digital professionals receive comprehensive training, covering business acumen, technical and professional skills. You'll also have opportunities to join specialised peer groups, to build your network and hone your skills and expertise. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days' vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply. We'd love to get you in touch with one of our existing team, to talk more about where you can fit in.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world's largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.