Role: IT Support Desktop Engineer
Career Level: Analyst
Salary : Upto £34,000 (depending on skills and experience) + excellent benefits
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients' business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients' business operations.
Working as part of a wider globalised IT support environment, the Local Support team is responsible for the in person resolution of second line IT incidents and problems for the UK Accenture PC fleet, a customer group circa of 12,000, predominately for Accenture staff situated in and around the Accenture London campus. Support covers both the software and hardware functionality including Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office applications and a small but growing estate of Mac OSX.
The team also has an important role to play as IT Ambassadors providing an excellent customer service experience. This role will successfully build trust based customer relationships that contribute to the wider aim of successful IT product adoption, education and continuous service improvement.
What responsibilities will you have?
Operational Local Support
· Respond to and resolve in person second line IT incidents logged via our global IT Service Desk, providing solutions to known incidents and problems for our internal customer base, diagnosing and working to resolve undefined problems as they occur.
· Effective incident queue management with ownership of logged incidents via current call logging toolsets (Remedy/Service Now). Prioritise ticket resolution workload on predefined Service Level Agreements.
· Awareness and correct use of key escalation points for both PC hardware and software incidents and service provision.
· Perform PC upgrades where required using defined internal processes, including data backups and restore.
· Perform imaging of workstations (both laptops and desktops) where required.
· Ensure good knowledge of all PC hardware models in the environment, including specifications and internal customer PC model eligibility criteria.
· IT support for events such as new joiner inductions and VIP meetings when required.
· Input where required to the successful delivery of team KPIs.
· Support internal bespoke support environments where requested.
· Working effectively with required external suppliers who are used to deliver components of our service, such as data recovery and IT consumable provision.
· Regularly review processes utilised within the team, propose and implement improvements with necessary approvals to ensure processes remain relevant for the Local Support team.
· Build good trust based relationships with key customers & customer groups when providing support needs. Ensure that two-way feedback is maintained relating to our services, products and current customer priorities, challenges and requirements.
· Ensure that a strong customer service ethos is provided as part of support provision requirements.
People Development and Relationship Management
· Effective team collaboration across our support teams both locally and globally through meetings and use of Skype, the Stream, Circles and shared repositories.
· Maintain effective working relationships within wider Technology Services team, specifically own team, Ireland team counterparts and UK Enablement team to ensure successful service delivery and optimisation.
· Build and maintain effective working relationships with relevant global and local teams who provide the components of our overall service provision. Ensure these teams are correctly utilised and understood. Proactively share support best practice and known solutions to help the resolution of incidents and problems.
· Active participation in team meetings and other communication vehicles.
Proactive Support and Value Add
· Proactive identification of workstation issues, successfully communicating these to required audience, helping to drive resolution and raise awareness.
· Be aware of and understand IT Services, functions and costs relating to the workstation environment.
· Proactive championing of our IT products and services with a view of increasing understanding, adoption and productivity of our customer base.
· Proactively take part in new product and service pilots both globally and locally, provide effective feedback, disseminate information within the team.
· Act as a technical resource for key technology projects when required.
· Document processes and make suggestions, where appropriate, to improve them, ensuring they are relevant and up to date for the tasks associated to the role.
· Keep abreast of new technologies and innovations in the PC environment, internally and externally to the business.
· Dynamically provide support and cover for other colleagues where required.
· Perform other ad-hoc tasks as required.
· Demonstrates a basic understanding and awareness of the core CIO Products and Services which Technology Services offer, be aware of the correct paths to self-educate and reference further detail.
· Be cost aware, ensuring focus is maintained in providing the right costed solutions for our customers.
· Ensure that appropriate cost recovery of our products and services is effectively communicated and actioned correctly to customers using set process and tools.
· Basic understanding of PC asset database (FNMS) reporting with the ability to extract simple reports to show volumes of specific models in the UK estate.
· Contributing to an effective PC asset management process, ensuring PC assets used are accurately tracked, updated within our asset management database and are physically secure.
· Provide regular assistance where required to our enablement team for other asset management requirements in order to contribute to our overall asset management KPI's.
· Manages Accenture provisioned IT assets and equipment, working to agreed processes, polices and security standards using knowledge of internal service operations and business requirements.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Working knowledge of supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems (7 & 10) environment.
· Working knowledge and hardware troubleshooting experience of laptop/desktop environments.
· Working knowledge and troubleshooting of the Microsoft Office environment.
· Working knowledge of hardware break/fix component replacement of Laptops.
· Good working knowledge of general technical troubleshooting skills.
· Deployment and troubleshooting knowledge of Apple operating systems
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products to the following levels:
· Excel - Intermediate
· Word - Intermediate
· PowerPoint - Intermediate
· Microsoft Outlook - Intermediate
· Understanding and use of ITSM Remedy/Service Now, or equivalent incident management toolsets.
What's in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world's largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 15/12/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.