Interaction Designer- Fjord
Fjord – Design & Innovation from Accenture Interactive
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It's everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you'll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world's leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 900 design experts in twenty five global creative hubs.
At Fjord, Service & Interaction Design are at the heart of our design process. Our service and interaction Designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep interaction specialists who envision and craft experiences from service design to digital product creation.
The Service and Interaction Designer will work on interaction design and service design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, interaction design, and service design definition. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
What responsibilities will you have?
As a team, we:
· Create products that demonstrate outstanding service and interaction design for our clients and their customers.
· Drive the development of the discipline and practice in our studios.
· Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
As a Service & Interaction Designer, you:
· Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
· Conduct Service & Interaction Design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, and interaction and service design definitions.
· Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to more junior members of the team.
· Conduct Service & Interaction Design activities at the project level.
· Deliver on Service & Interaction Design deliverables. Evaluate output of other interaction and service designers to ensure quality of design work.
· Frame and tell the story of design solutions. Present the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
· Be a Fjord ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
Working together, we will:
· Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people's lives.
· Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
· Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
· Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
· Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user-centered design
· Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design; willingness to broaden your own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset.
· Proficient in creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
· Proficient with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.