Role: Infrastructure Analyst
Travel: 25% of the time
Salary: £24,000 - £33,000+ depending on experience
Job reference: 00610653
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients' business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients' business operations.
Working for Accenture the role is within our outsourcing team providing technology customer service and support our client, the biggest commercial television network in the UK.
Our stated intention is to provide the client's users with a more “personalised” workplace service by expanding the current face-to-face support capabilities. These services are provided via regional “techzones” located within the client offices which are technical drop-in centres for users.
This role is to provide first and second line support directly to the client's end users in a professional and friendly manner; the key aim being to provide a fix to the end user issue at initial contact and failing that take ownership of the issue and work with the relevant support channels whilst maintaining regular communications with the end user until resolved.
The successful applicant will be required to respond to complex problems by proactively investigating root cause, whilst if necessary delivering workaround for business continuity and ultimately a permanent resolution.
What responsibilities will you have?
· Take ownership of the issue and provide regular communication of the progress of investigations and planned solutions to customers, whilst managing their level of expectation.
· Experience of providing direct end user support with excellent customer service skills
· Working on the client site in a direct client facing support role.
· Drive to maximise issue resolution at first point of contact in the “techzone”
· The role holder would be expected to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the clients technology standards and procedures; sufficient to contribute to their development and enforcement.
· Working closely with the on-shore and off-shore infrastructure/service desk teams to provide second line technical support, ensuring assigned calls are responded to, diagnosed and resolved swiftly and effectively in line with operational and service level agreements. Ensure outstanding calls are regularly updated to reflect their current status.
· On-site interface for key third parties support teams for incident resolution
· Investigate cause and taking responsibility to provide analysis of reported recurring or persistent problems. Create standard documentation on problem resolution, fixes and updating the technical knowledge base, liaising with the service desk and other teams as required.
· Identify appropriate solutions to resolve service incidents and requests.
· Assist remote support teams with incident resolution for any onsite devices.
· Update online familiarisation, FAQ' and “how to” guides and training material.
· Keep abreast of trends in technology and its application to understand current best practice, possible alternative solutions and to support technical evaluations.
· Support maintenance, updates and enhancements to work instructions
· Participate in an Out of Hours call out rota to provide remote support for users in multiple client locations
· Remotely support “priority” incidents to other client locations as part of an enhanced priority support channel
Key Organisational Relationships:
· Liaise with colleagues, utilising their expertise to solve more complex problems or pass on responsibility to the appropriate on-shore/off-shore team. Whilst maintaining communications and updates to affect users
· Continuously look for and facilitate improvements within support
· Assist other members of the application or infrastructure teams when appropriate to complete tasks within SLA.
· Share information and specialist expertise to support colleagues in the successful delivery of their tasks and assist their professional development.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Exceptional customer service and support skills essential.
· Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and own customer issues.
· Experience in deskside support or other user support function.
· In-depth, hands on ‘problem solving' expertise in desktop hardware, operating systems and software packages – e.g. Apple OSX and the Google Application Suite, Windows 7 and the MS Office suite; indicated by for example MCP level accreditation.
· A good working knowledge of a wide variety of ICT hardware. e.g. desktops, laptops, notebooks, Multi Function Printers (MFP) and other peripheral devices. A good understanding of structured cabling or Wi-Fi connectivity e.g. Cisco routers, switches, Wireless Access Points (WAP) and managed cabling.
· To provide support for Smartphones, iPads, iPhones etc.
· In-depth, hands on ‘problem solving' expertise in corporate platform and application delivery. e.g. Citrix client, cloud based Google Applications.
· Certified Diagnostic Engineer status with a primary manufacturer e.g. Apple, HP etc.
· Experience of IT operations support in a media, broadcast and/or TV production environment advantageous.
· Contribute expertise to network issues.
· Work with the on-shore and off-shore infrastructure/service desk teams for problems that affect the desktop, server or network operating systems within SLA.
· Demonstrate overall initiative and an understanding of the client's network and an overview of their business model to ensure efficient and reliable day-to-day operation.
· Other duties as requested by line management as appropriate.
· Manage and maintain printer connectivity to the network to ensure continuous, trouble-free access. Support for proximity print technologies, scan to mail etc.
· Contribute expertise
What's in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world's largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.