Google Cloud Platform Technical Architect
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Travel: 100% Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
Salary: £41,000 - £58,000+ depending on experience
Career Level: 8 – Associate Manager
Job reference: 00595819
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance. We combine business and industry insights with innovative technology to drive growth for your business. We extend our technology and business capabilities through a powerful alliance ecosystem of market leaders and innovators to provide our clients the best specialized skills and tailored solutions.
Your role: The role is within a specialized cloud-native architecture team. Your key focus areas:
· Helping Clients to turn their strategy into reality for the next generation of cloud-based applications running on GCP, enabling the transition from traditional platforms to NewIT cloud ready architectures
· Designing, prototyping, and delivering applications and solutions on full-stack Google technologies, leveraging its rich native services offering, to respond to clients' needs for cost-efficiency, increased competition, and agility to respond to new business opportunities;
· Designing, prototyping, and delivering Microservices applications and solutions on K8s, leveraging its rich native services offering, to respond to clients' needs for cost-efficiency, increased competition, and agility to respond to new business opportunities;
· Serving as an GCP evangelist, educating customers of all sizes on the value proposition of GCP;
· Creating thought leadership on GCP solutions and hybrid cloud
What responsibilities will you have?
· Creating business cases for technology and organisational transformation to enable migration to or utilisation of GCP and hybrid cloud;
· Assessing and recommending the best of breed GCP technology solutions to address client needs;
· Developing solution architecture, implementation plans and estimates;
· Designing and deploying enterprise-wide dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, secure and reliable applications on GCP full-stack;
· Acting as an GCP Solution Architect, supporting delivery teams with migrating complex, multi-tier applications, or building new capabilities, on GCP and implementing appropriate cost control strategies;
· Creating innovative, reusable solutions using GCP that can be taken to market;
· Mentoring and developing skills of Junior Architects;
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· You will likely have completed any of the following training:
· Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core infrastructure.
· Architecting with Google Cloud: Design and Process
· Architecting with Google Cloud: Infrastructure
· Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Big Data & Machine Learning
· Google Application Development
Experience in the following domains and technologies is valued:
· Deep, hands-on design and development background in GCP, across a wide range of GCP services;
· Knowledge of DevOps technologies around Continuous Integration & Delivery;
· Familiarity with various delivery methodologies including Agile;
· Hands on experience on container technologies and K8S is a plus;
What academic qualifications do you need?
· Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or another relevant field;
· Extensive hands-on experience in architecting, designing or implementing solutions on GCP, K8s, and other Google technologies;
· Google's Professional Cloud Architect certified;
· Google's Professional Data Engineer Certified;
What's in it for you?
We have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world's largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com/ .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/01/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Entreprise internationale de conseils en management et technologies, Andersen Consulting a été créée en 1989. Issue du département conseil d’Arthur Andersen, la société devient Accenture (contraction d’Accent on the future) en 2001. Aujourd’hui dirigée par Pierre Nanterre et basée à Dublin, Accenture compte 289 000 collaborateurs intervenant dans plus de 120 pays. En 2013, l’entreprise a généré un chiffre d’affaires de 28,6 milliards de dollars. Experte en conseil en stratégie, en organisation et en développement et mise en œuvre de système d’information, Accenture travaille au service des plus grandes organisations du monde en les accompagnant sur la route de la performance comme le souligne son slogan High performance.Delivered. Autour des valeurs telles que la gestion responsable, le développement des talents ou la création de valeur, ce réseau mondial intervient également dans le domaine de l’externalisation.