Data Designer- Fjord
Fjord- Design & Innovation from Accenture Interactive
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It's everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you'll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world's leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 900 design experts in twenty five global creative hubs.
Data Design strives to create dynamic and engaging data experiences for humans and machines which enable substantive action and meaningful change. We leverage a combination of user-centered thinking and data-driven methods to create cross-disciplinary solutions spanning every industry. Data Design Leads help define the vision of project-specific work and the overall story and Data Design discipline as it relates to a project. Data Design at Fjord breaks down the walls between design and engineering in order to synthesize data solutions that improve the human experience.
What responsibilities will you have?
As a team, we:
· Unlock the power of data for clients by evaluating and building solutions through a holistic design-driven lens.
· Must be flexible and deep in our understanding of both technical and design fields and how they interact.
· Are hungry to learn about fields and modes of thinking that are unfamiliar and exciting so that we can deliver not only proven but also innovative answers for our clients.
As a Data Designer, you:
· Design with and leverage data to enhance human experiences at work and in life.
· Understand Data Design as a series of disciplines and a practice.
· Synthesize materials and construct meaningful data stories to ground the design work in the client's measurable reality.
· Communicate and share interests, data, and analytical insights with the project team to broaden their own perspectives of their work.
· Research and communicate insightful, fresh messages for our clients and colleagues such that you establish trust and contribute to thought leadership.
· Support new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch efforts and client meetings.
· Attend studio and community events and workshops.
Working together, we will:
· Change the way that our clients view and use data and the role that data plays in every day life.
· Push each other out of our comfort zone, to continuously learn, practice, and evolve Data Design.
Set yourself apart:
· Experience with some of the following: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, JIRA and the ability to learn how to use new tools in real time.
· Proven history of delivering results on time and within budget.
· Working knowledge of the Data Design landscape, including but not limited to data intelligence, instrumentation, organizational integration, data storytelling, design thinking, culture change, coaching, data valuation, and product management.
· Experience with the following tools (or similar): Git, AWS, GCP, SQL.