Data Designer - Fjord
Fjord- Design & Innovation from Accenture Interactive
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It's everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you'll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world's leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 900 design experts in twenty five global creative hubs.
Data Design strives to create dynamic and engaging data experiences for humans and machines which enable substantive action and meaningful change. We leverage a combination of user-centered thinking and data-driven methods to create cross-disciplinary solutions spanning every industry. Data Design Leads help define the vision of project-specific work and the overall story and Data Design discipline as it relates to a project. Data Design at Fjord breaks down the walls between design and engineering in order to synthesize data solutions that improve the human experience.
What responsibilities will you have?
As a team, we:
· Unlock the power of data for clients by evaluating and building solutions through a holistic design-driven lens.
· Must be flexible and deep in our understanding of both technical and design fields and how they interact.
· Are hungry to learn about fields and modes of thinking that are unfamiliar and exciting so that we can deliver not only proven but also innovative answers for our clients.
As a Data Designer, you:
· Design with and leverage data to enhance human experiences at work and in life.
· Understand Data Design as a series of disciplines and a practice.
· Synthesize materials and construct meaningful data stories to ground the design work in the client's measurable reality.
· Communicate and share interests, data, and analytical insights with the project team to broaden their own perspectives of their work.
· Research and communicate insightful, fresh messages for our clients and colleagues such that you establish trust and contribute to thought leadership.
· Support new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch efforts and client meetings.
· Attend studio and community events and workshops.
Working together, we will:
· Change the way that our clients view and use data and the role that data plays in every day life.
· Push each other out of our comfort zone, to continuously learn, practice, and evolve Data Design.
Set yourself apart:
· Experience with some of the following: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, JIRA and the ability to learn how to use new tools in real time.
· Proven history of delivering results on time and within budget.
· Working knowledge of the Data Design landscape, including but not limited to data intelligence, instrumentation, organizational integration, data storytelling, design thinking, culture change, coaching, data valuation, and product management.
· Experience with the following tools (or similar): Git, AWS, GCP, SQL.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Strong technology or design experience; development or strategy experience; or knowledge of big data, analytics, or data visualization experience; prior consultancy experience preferred.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Data Design or related field.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we're able to do work that changes the world, and we're always looking for kindred spirits.
Data designers are helping lead Fjord into the future of design. Together we're forging a new profession that applies the best of what's gone before in the service of the reinvention, and answers new challenges of artificial intelligence, the internet of things, and behavioral economics. You exist in two worlds simultaneously, the world of empathy and human experiences, and the world of data, algorithms, and bleeding-edge technology. Join us and help create something new, something better, something that bridges humans and data.
What's in it for you?
All of our Digital professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world's largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications: 6th September 2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Entreprise internationale de conseils en management et technologies, Andersen Consulting a été créée en 1989. Issue du département conseil d’Arthur Andersen, la société devient Accenture (contraction d’Accent on the future) en 2001. Aujourd’hui dirigée par Pierre Nanterre et basée à Dublin, Accenture compte 289 000 collaborateurs intervenant dans plus de 120 pays. En 2013, l’entreprise a généré un chiffre d’affaires de 28,6 milliards de dollars. Experte en conseil en stratégie, en organisation et en développement et mise en œuvre de système d’information, Accenture travaille au service des plus grandes organisations du monde en les accompagnant sur la route de la performance comme le souligne son slogan High performance.Delivered. Autour des valeurs telles que la gestion responsable, le développement des talents ou la création de valeur, ce réseau mondial intervient également dans le domaine de l’externalisation.