Big Data Solution Architect
Locations: London, Manchester, Edinburgh (must be willing to be based at and travel to client sites throughout the UK)
We have roles available across the following Accenture career levels depending on skills and experience:
Specialist / Team Lead: from £40,000
Associate Manager: from £47,000
Manager: from £56,000
Job Type: Permanent
The digital revolution is changing everything. It's everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you'll create it, own it and make it a reality for our clients. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight our clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices – Analytics, Interactive, and Mobility. As part of our Analytics practice, you'll help businesses deliver insight-driven outcomes in entirely new ways.
Accenture Analytics supports clients to turn information into action by driving technology-enabled business insights, creating a "decision making environment" embracing social media, cloud, mobility, big data and legacy environments. We deliver and run the information strategy, architecture and governance that enable a "single source of the truth", empowering our clients to analyze that data for smarter decision making, actions and outcomes.
We invite you to learn more at: https://www.accenture.com/gb-en/understanding-data-analysis
What responsibilities will you have?
· Designing and implementing modern, scalable data architectures for our clients leveraging Hadoop, NoSQL, Apache open source and emerging technologies, covering on-premise and cloud-based deployment patterns
· Providing advisory services and thought leadership on modernising analytics environments leveraging big data technologies, including integration with existing data and analytics platforms and tools (EDWs, data integration, BI platforms etc.)
· Defining, designing and implementing data access patterns for right-time/streaming workloads including data acquisition, storage, processing and access
· Re-architecting and rationalizing traditional data environments with Hadoop or NoSQL technologies
· Designing and implementing data pipelines on Hadoop and NoSQL platforms to enable rapid prototyping and accelerated productionisation
· Creating data management solutions covering data security, data privacy, metadata management, multi-tenancy and mixed workload management on Hadoop and NoSQL platforms
· Architecting for a data marketplace to enable data access via APIs, Search, BI tools and interactive SQL
What skills & experience are we looking for?
We are looking for people who can complement our team with a demonstrable, hands-on range of skills out of the following:
· Hadoop platforms & distributions: Cloudera, Hortonworks, BigInsights, MapR, EMR
· NoSQL: HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB, Memcached, DynamoDB, Druid, BigTable
· Processing frameworks & programming tools: Spark (Scala/Python/Java), MapReduce, Pig, Hive
· Search: SOLR, ElasticSearch
· Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP
· Relational DBs: Teradata, Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server
· Enterprise data integration, BI and analytics platforms: Informatica, Talend, InfoSphere, SAS, RevoR, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau, Spotfire
· Other tools, databases and Apache projects: Google BigQuery, Presto, Drill, Kylin, OpenTSDB etc.
· Solution architecture: end to end analytics solution architecture design and delivery estimation
· Client facing skills: ability to build trusted relationships with client stakeholders and act as a trusted adviser
· Agile and DevOps delivery practices: familiarity with agile and DevOps delivery and deployment methodologies, experience with continuous integration, automated code reviews and regression testing
Additional skills & experience in:
· Distributed Systems: Software and hardware architectures, algorithms and protocols
· Storage, Networking and Virtualization/Cloud Strategies and Architectures
· Design and Implementation of large scale data loading, processing, analysis and exploration using Hadoop/NoSQL technologies
· Big Data architecture patterns, and policies and procedures for operational management of big data platforms
· Performance analyses and tuning of Hadoop and NoSQL platforms
· Security Architecture, Security Assessments and Identity and Access Management for Hadoop and NoSQL platforms
· Additional Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages such as Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Scala
What personal qualities do we expect?
• Proven ability to apply analytical and creative thought
• Proven ability to deliver high profile activities to tight timescales
• Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
• Experience delivering projects within an agile environment
• Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Keenness to learn and try new things
• Willingness to travel
• Ideally, educated to degree level
What's in it for you?
• Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
• You'll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the FTSE 100 on high-profile projects.
• Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company.
• Access to leading-edge technology.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes XX days' vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world's largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.