Role : 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer
Salary : Up to £38,000 plus excellent benefits
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Technology and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients' business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients' business operations.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you'll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
Part of the Accenture business, Fjord is one of the world's leading organisations in global management consulting, technology and outsourcing services and is looking for a great talent to join the Fjord team as an IT Support Engineer.
Based in the city of London, the IT Support Engineer will primarily provide direct and remote 1 st and 2 nd line IT support for Accenture Fjord staff situated in and around the Accenture London offices and various client sites.
This role will provide the successful candidate excellent training and support and an opportunity to work in a fast-paced blue chip environment.
The role will be part of a larger UK and Ireland based Technology Services Department, which provides workstation IT Implementation and Support Services (Hardware and Software) to Accenture personnel (and contractors
Reporting to the UK Support Specialist, the Engineer's Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, receiving and responding to requests for technical assistance with Fjord hardware and software, managing/assisting with inventory using asset tracking software, and ensuring proper documentation, tracking, escalation, follow-up, and resolution of all incidents,
What role and responsibilities will you have ?
• Provide technical support for software applications including Apple OS X, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud and other Apple Mac software
• Investigate root cause of incidents, document and communicate any identified fixes or workarounds to Fjord IT team
• Manage access to online systems; end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations
• Although mainly based on a client site at Fjord duties will also include activities supporting the wider London team, participating in team meetings, providing remote support and being an active team member. At times travel to Fenchurch street and other locations may be required
• Act as an onsite contact for other CIO resolver teams, assisting when required under instructions to resolve any Service impacting incidents that may occur
• Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability
• Arrange and provide where required IT support for special events including but not limited to new joiner and acquisition inductions and executive events.
• Assist with IT purchases and maintain inventory of all hardware and software
• Effective asset management, ensuring that all Accenture owned asset are accurately tracked, updated and secure
• Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, implement preventive measures and resolve hardware and software problems of IT systems
• Ensure effective prioritisation, coordination and resolution of logged incidents within agreed SLA, working as a team but taking a lead to maintain effective incident queue management
• Effective utilisation and management of third-party hardware support solutions
• Proactive championing and understanding of CIO products and services
- Be a point of contact and liaise closely with the London TS:L team
• Other support requirements as applicable
• Build good trust-based relationships with key customers & customer groups when providing support needs. Ensure that two-way feedback is developed relating to our products and services, current customer priorities, challenges and requirements
• Be a strong advocate for product and service customer adoption
• Ensure that a strong customer service ethos is provided
• Update asset management information to accurately account for movement of IT hardware in accordance with asset management processes
• Providing assistance where required for other asset management requirements in order to contribute to our overall asset management KPI's
• Maintain team PC storage processes, conforming to internal policies and ISO accreditations
• Maintain appropriate workstation and consumable stock levels for team
• Manage Accenture provisioned IT assets and equipment, working to agreed processes, polices and security standards using knowledge of internal service operations and business requirements
Ideal candidate profile
What Skills and Experiences are required?
· Hands-on knowledge of Apple Mac OS X (WORKING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED) and Windows 10 (optional)
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office for Mac and Windows (including Outlook)
· Knowledge of mobile devices across multiple platforms
· Understanding of laptop/desktop hardware and related troubleshooting
· Understanding of IT security fundamentals
· Understanding of networking fundamentals
• Standard work hours of 37.5 hours a week between 08:00 to 17:30 apply. However, a flexible
working attitude is required when considering global teams and critical milestones within project
• Office based. A level of travel and working from other customer or client locations may be
required from time to time
What's in it for you?
All our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world's largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found