Description du poste
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Engineer for the FMRD Chemicals R&D organization l ocated in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Job Summary :
Film & Materials Resource Division: Chemicals Laboratory: “Materials, Collaboration, Innovation. At Scale.”
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Technology Engineer will be responsible for identifying, developing and implementing improved manufacturing processes and equipment across FMRD Chemical's global manufacturing footprint.
The FMRD Manufacturing Technology group supports Fluorochemical, Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA), Polymers and Release and Fine Chemical technologies and provides factory support for US & International manufacturing facilities. The position draws on the full array of Chemical Engineering concepts and ability to apply them in innovative ways.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Lead projects to implement high-impact/disruptive chemical process technologies
· Scale-up of processes from lab to pilot plant and factory scales
· Become a recognized Subject Matter Expert in multiple technology platforms
· Global factory support including best-practice sharing, troubleshooting and technology advancement
· Provide technical support for CapEx projects in areas of expertise
· Develop working knowledge of internal capabilities and external trends in chemical processing
· Cross-functional team leadership (MRD Lab, MRD Mfg, Division Engineering, Partner Division functions)
· Project Management
· Travel up to 20% domestic/international
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
· Bachelor of Science (or higher) in Chemical Engineering
· Manufacturing experience in Batch and Continuous processing
· Lab > Pilot > Manufacturing scale-up experience
· Process and/or Product Development Experience
· Division Engineering experience (Equipment Design, Estimation, Fabrication, Installation, Checkout)
· Experience leading cross-functional teams
· Project Management
· Lean Six Sigma Black Belt/Green Belt
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 20% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).