Description du poste
3M is seeking a Machinist for the Industrial Business Group located in Fairmont, MN.
At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Plant Engineering Machinist will be responsible for the fabrication of precision machined parts using mills and lathes, surface grinders, and other basic shop equipment. They will also be required to assist with machine assembly and installations. They will work individually and on teams concentrating on quality, cost, and delivery to meet customer’s expectations and satisfaction. They will provide input on mechanical design projects and work in an environment where the operation of more than one machine doing subsequent and simultaneous operations is expected.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Basic set up and operation of mills, lathes and other equipment to fabricate machined components with the desire needed for proficient, close tolerance high precision machining.
· CNC Programming
· Determine and plan scope and sequence of operations and method of setup to fabricate parts in the most cost and time efficient manner possible.
· Operate machinery in a safe and competent manner following all safety and housekeeping policies.
· Ensure all components produced meet specifications using a variety of machinist’s hand tools and appropriate measuring equipment.
· Candidate will be required to work within close tolerances and be able to work in a setting to meet cost and lead times.
· Participate in fabrication projects and assist with improvements, methods, solutions and procedures to enhance project quality, cost and delivery.
· Perform routine machine maintenance.
· Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, vendor drawings and manuals in the performance of this job. Provide updates to documentation when required. Ability to transcribe ideas to print or sketch.
· Perform maintenance and related functions using the computerized Maintenance Management System, SAMS.
· Work with engineering and production personnel during the troubleshooting, modification, fabrication and repair of plant equipment, utilities and processes.
· Provide technical recommendations regarding improvement and optimization of plant equipment, utilities and processes.
This position may require:
· Working overtime
· Weekend work
· Working on holidays, as needed
· Associates Degree, Diploma, Certificate or higher inmechanical or machine tooling technologyfrom an accredited institution
· Possess a High School Diploma/GED AND two (2) years of industrial machining experience in a private, public, government or military environment
· Strong mechanical aptitude and demonstrated examples of problem solving skills
· Ability to complete work with little supervision and work well in a team environment
· Strong oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
· Positive attitude, strong initiative, and ability to interact well with team members and customers
· Ability to be flexible in handling change and priorities within the workplace
· Ability to operate and maintain complex shop equipment
· Proficient in the ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints and other documents related to the machining process
Location: Fairmont, MN
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)