Description du poste
3M is seeking a Resident Project Engineering Intern for the Corporate Engineering group located in Cottage Grove, MN for summer 2019. Here, you go.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-12 week assignment. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. 3M provides eligible interns with temporary housing and covers a portion of housing costs, as well as round-trip travel reimbursement in accordance with current policy.
Applications on this requisition are reviewed and filled on a rolling basis; it is in a candidate’s best interest to apply as soon as possible. Interested candidates should include a resume as part of their application.
A Resident Project Engineering Intern uses engineering knowledge and skills as a leader of a cross functional teams to define the scope, cost and schedule for capital investment projects which support 3M’s global manufacturing and research efforts. A project engineer also participates in cost reduction, quality improvements, new process and technology development programs, Lean Six Sigma and safety related activities.
We are proud to offer a culture with high levels of teamwork, collaboration, and cooperation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved with numerous 3M manufacturing processes, equipment and techniques, in numerous locations throughout the United States and the world.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Manage project timelines and budgets for assigned projects.
· Successfully interact with multiple discipline teams including 3M plant personnel, consultants and suppliers.
· Specify equipment performance and design criteria.
· Estimate capital equipment and installation costs.
· Define and execute competitive bidding strategy
· Oversee plant equipment layout and design.
· Coordinate construction activity.
· Lead equipment commissioning.
· Protect 3M intellectual property.
· Communicate effectively to project team, facility staff and project owners.
· Gain understanding of applicable codes and guidelines to insure designs meet standards.
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited program
· Completed a minimum of Sophomore Year (4 semesters) by the start of the internship
· Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 Scale
· Prior internship/co-op experience with 3M or another manufacturing company
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.